Hello 2013! You started out really testing me. My anxiety has been
anything but under control. So much to juggle at the start of the new
year. Can you believe I had to say no to welfare appointments because I
could feel my grip on reality slowly unraveling. Who wakes up
shaking? Who can barely eat because of all the responsibilities I am
trying to keep up with? Who is missing having time to do Zumba? A
vicious cycle...with a trigger. College!
Now that my Religion class final has been taken I feel like the weight
of the world is off my shoulders. Oh sure, I know I bombed the final
and won't know for a week but it is OVER. No, I haven't graduated but I
can finally say my generals are finally done...if I passed the final.
That test had to be the hardest test I have ever taken and I am so not
exaggerating. Let me give you an example: I studied facts like Emma's
dad was against Joseph marrying his daughter so Joseph and Emma had to
elope. The test wanted to know what was the date that Joseph and Emma
met and where. I wish I could have taken the final exam I had studied
so hard for and lost sleep over....I would have aced that! But honestly
I have no idea who the third person to be baptized into the restored
church was but I could have definitely told you the first two!
So my strategy was to do the questions that I knew for sure...skip the
ones I didn't and then come back to them. Only problem is I was
skipping, skipping, skipping, and then realized...um yeah, I did not
even remotely study the right things. But I persevered and chose "c" a
lot! I wanted to cry right there in the testing center but I knew I
was representing the Lord's University so I bit my lip, held it
together, and filled in 150 bubbles, 20 of which I couldn't even give an
educated guess. If I end up passing it will be because of divine
intervention because I have never prayed so hard during a test in all my
life! I will be thrilled if I end up with a C-. Yes, it was that
hard:(
Let me write a ten page paper on my testimony of Joseph Smith! That I
can do. So as I prepare my self to get a less than acceptable grade on
an exam in a class I have a 96% in, I found myself asking, "What can I
learn from this?" The main thing I learned in this church history class
that is that the Lord doesn't leave anything to chance and that
everything happens for a reason. Perhaps I needed to be humbled.
Check! Perhaps I needed to hit rock bottom to appreciate all the good
things? Check! Or maybe once you turn 40, your brain starts turning to
mush;). I have to laugh about it or I can't even begin to cope.
So 2013, I am now ready to face you! I woke up this morning feeling
like I could conquer the world. My final exam is done! I didn't have
any anxiety symptoms...at all...today! I ate and ate and ate and even
rewarded myself with my favorite vanilla icecream with almonds,
chocolate chips, and hersheys syrup. I snuggled up with my kids to
enjoy watching my idol judge on American Idol. Keith Urban every week?
Yes please! Better than icecream my friend. And now I can get back to
what I love the best...writing. Yes siree, I think I am finally back
to normal!
Friday, January 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment