I can no longer be accused of being an overachiever. Drum roll please....I got a 63% on my final exam for my Church History class! Yes, I am jumping around and dancing over a D! Who knew that could ever be possible? I had an average of 96% heading into the final exam but knew I had to pass it in order to get credit. When I said this was the hardest test of my life I sooo was not kidding or exaggerating. I prayed so hard to pass and I did! (Sing HALLELUJAH chorus here)
So now my generals are out of the way....onto the fun...WRITING! I could have written a 10 page paper on what I learned about church history and another 10 page paper on my testimony of Joseph Smith...but no....150 of the hardest multiple choice I have ever seen on a test. Hence, the D.
I know, I know. I am the ultimate overachiever but tonight I get to celebrate just passing. You know, throughout life our perspective tends to change. Twenty years ago I would have been crumpled in a heap at the testing center holding the exam results, sobbing and wondering if life was worth waking up for in the morning. But today, as a much more mature and realistic 40 year old, I am doing a happy dance and praising the Lord for the divine intervention that allowed me to pass.
Oh sure, my kids are confused. Kristen politely let me know that a "D" isn't a good grade and I probably shouldn't be dancing all over the house. Oh to be young again. Even my 4.0 over achieving daughter Carlie high fived me knowing the significance of this momentous occasion when mom got her first D. This grade does not define who I am. I gave it my all and apparently it was just barely enough but I will take "just barely enough" in this situation.
So please take a moment and share the joy....dance around the living room and kitchen in honor of my epic tork. Umm no, I would rather refer to this as my epic PASS!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment