Background Info: I was in a spelling bee in 5th grade and got out on the word, "babies". Seriously? Since that embarrassing moment, I made it my life long mission to always know how to spell anything at anytime. If I don't know how to spell a word I can't get sleep until I learn the correct spelling. And so...nobody ever challenges ME in Scrabble!
Okay, so there we were eating candy and playing my favorite game. All was going according to plan as I glanced at my tiles. I had O-K-R. Cork. Dork. My mind was picking up speed. Well, apparently my mind sped right past me when I laid T-O-R-K. Smugly I counted up my high double word score when all of a sudden everyone around me was laughing the laugh that only sweet revenge can bring. Then the dreaded words, "I challenge that!" Oh my family can be so silly at times....only then I looked at my tiles and realized the word I had wanted was torque! With a Q-U-E. NOOOOOOOOO!
Alas, I thought eventually everyone would forget my error and move on. But then again, this is my family we are talking about. The family who loves to watch me cringe as we watch old family videos in Spain at the castle. Oh yes, you know the one! My epic kick at the soccer ball that was only 10 feet off to my right. Oh, but I gave it the old college heave ho and have been the source of everyone's entertainment for years.
But I digress...several months went by since the Scrabble incident and I found myself going up and over the proverbial hill. This is what my family got me for my 40th birthday!
Yep, Tork has now been added to the Odom dictionary.
Does that mean I can officially use it while playing Scrabble? I know...I'm a tork!
See that Leslie? I just turned it into a noun:)



One Word:
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!!!!!!
Love, Love, Love it! And no, you'll never live it down. ;)