Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankful:)

Dear Lord, I am thankful! I am thankful I got the kids out the door on time for their Cross Country Meet. I am thankful that although I couldn’t find the keys to the van that we still have the Marco truck. I am thankful I know how to drive a stick shift and that I have been given ample opportunity to practice for the last week while the 79 Ford Pickup was in the shop. I am thankful Jansen didb’t hit just one more rail road track which would have knocked the steering rod off leaving him zero steering capabilities. I am thankful to Dan Gwynn who was able to take me to the shop and pick up the truck when the repairs were done. I am thankful it only cost $377. I am thankful we had the 79 back up and running so Jansen could drive himself to the bus to go to the meet. I am thankful to Brooke Kimzey for watching Kristen for the entire day so I could go to Idaho Falls.

I am thankful to Heather Rubey for giving me the excuse to go to the temple to be with her as she received her endowments. I am thankful to the Northcotts for giving me a ride. I am thankful for not puking as we went over the pass while sitting in the back of the van. I am thankful that because I was crazy carsick that Carol offered her front seat to me for the rest of the journey. I am thankful for the grocery store in Salmon so I could get some much needed fresh air. I am thankful we made it to the temple in the nick of time. I am thankful we were the last ones into the endowment session as they were closing the doors. Whew!

I am thankful for the sweet spirit inside the temple and for the covenants made in that holy place. I am thankful I got to embrace Heather in the celestial room as she beamed smiling. I am thankful we decided to go to Deseret Book before we went out to eat so I could find a Willow Tree figurine for Heather called “sunshine” so I could give it to her as a gift to commemorate this very special day! I am thankful once we found CafĂ© Rio, that Lelsy was there eating with her roomies. I am thankful for the amazing food which never disappoints and for the company of Heather, Vicky, Carol, Ian, Joanne, Christa, Cameron, Cameron’s sister and brother in-law and of course little baby Jack.



I am thankful I got to sit in the front on the way back to Montana at 8pm. I am thankful for deep, philosophical conversations all the way home. I am thankful I didn’t puke on the pass or afterwards. I am thankful for a husband that spoils me on the pass by not going over 20 mph…I wish he had been doing the driving last night. I am thankful that Ian got me back home safe and sound while dodging deer three times throughout our journey. I am thankful my kids were in their beds when I arrived home at midnight. I am thankful Carlie was awake to hold me while I cried from being so carsick and on the verge of a panic attack.

I am thankful I had the energy to wake up and do all that was required of me today. I am thankful my talk went well in sacrament meeting. I am thankful my musical number with Jill, Charise, Lisa, and Christine went beautifully and that Joan played the piano so well. I am thankful my visiting teaching pep talk was well received in Relief Society. I am thankful that once I got home I got to take a nap! I am thankful the Masseys had their baby and I will be able to work every day this week and earn some money as I substitute teach for Senior English at the high school. I am thankful Joe will be back from Seattle tomorrow in time for his birthday. Indeed, I have much to be thankful for!

1 comment: