Monday, October 31, 2011

In Charge

The whole time we lived in Idaho, I dreamt of being in charge of something. Now that we are back…oh yeah baby, I’m in charge. I am in charge of the money for Daly Estates Homeowner’s Association as their treasurer. I am in charge of billing the water bill each month and making deposits into the bank. I am in charge of the spiritual and physical well being of 154 women in our ward as Relief Society President. I am in charge of the classes I sub in at the high school…most recently Mr. Massey’s Senior English classes. I am in charge of the writing assignments I work on in my Independent Study Writing Class. I am also in charge of a family with one husband and four children. Along with the calling of wife and mom, I am also in charge of keeping the house running smoothly. Lately though, instead of being in charge of my life, my life has been in charge of me.

My laundry has dictated how I spend my time. The smashed cereal on the floor and the sticky honey on the counter is in charge of my mood. The clutter that moves from corner to corner has overtaken my life. The children have now realized how in charge the dishwasher is and are overcome with horror when there aren’t any clean dishes to eat off of. It’s time for me to slow it down a bit, regroup, refocus, re-clean, and reevaluate this whole being in charge thing. Life takes such a delicate balance to get it all done. This past week has shown me what happens when life becomes unbalanced. It’s time for me to be in charge of life again!

No comments:

Post a Comment