Weird that our whole life fits in one mongo U-haul Truck! Unfortunately I did not have time to take a picture of it completely loaded...but once again Jenga-Joe packed everything in tight!
I'm pretty sure that packing and moving makes you lose your mind. Carlie proved my theory when she came out looking like this!
Her taped up face certainly lightened the mood!
I mean how can you be stressed looking at this!
Joe and Kristen took the Uhaul, Jansen and Carlie took the 79 Ford Pickup, which left Will and I in the 98 Toyota Sienna. (The tercel had already been driven to Montana by a relative) Will was an amazing co-pilot. I was nervous about driving the 4 hours so I was prepared with my new Mandisa CD, my power bracelet from Heather Rubey, and my positive affirmation, "Keep Dancing!"
Will burned a CD of all our favorite songs which helped pass the time. I mean how can you be nervous about driving when you are yelling along to Hot Chelle Rae "Tonight, Tonight, we're standing on the rooftop, top of the world...Tonight, Tonight, and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign....Oh! Oh! Oh!! Oh! Oh! Oh! It doesn't matter!" Seriously, Will and I both lost our voices by the time we got home. And then of course there are the inspirational words of Remady, "Yes, I can do it on my own! " And don't forget the Glee version of "It's Friday, Friday!"
But Mandisa brought us home to Montana with "When the waves are taking you under, hold on just a little bit longer! You know that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger!" Will and I were amazed at how fast the 4 hours flew by! Once again....Will is my guardian angel. I not only drove home....I drove well! My prayers were answered!
As we drove through the Bitterroot Valley, I couldn't help but tear up as I saw the green, green mountains. There could not have been a more beautiful, sunny day to welcome us home! As we rounded the corner of Tammany and caught the first glimpse of our house, I looked over at Will who had tears streaming down his face...tears of joy! He and I have been through a lot these last 10 months and now....we are finally HOME!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment