Friday, June 17, 2011

Aunt Merles 90th Birthday at Panguitch Lake


I loved our Hale family reunion! After driving out to Panguitch Lake chapel, we arrived to find that the power was out and there was no running water! But at least we were with family! The branch president showed up with a generator so we could still have the slideshow my dad worked so hard on! Aunt Donna had just finished explaining the proper flushing procedure with buckets of water when.....
The power came back on! Of course Joe was disappointed;) The party started with a beautiful duet by some of Aunt Merle's grand nieces Andrea and Maddy. They sang a beautiful rendition of Families Can Be Together Forever!
I have already posted pictures of Aunt Merle in a different post and unfortunately my camera battery died before I got to take the pictures I really wanted. Hopefully our facebook page will have the group family photos up soon.
One of my favorite things about the reunion was everyone filling out our family history chart. It's still not complete but we had a great start. If only more of Violet's family had come we could have done better. Oh well...it was an amazing visual of how we are all linked together:)

With the power back on, dad was able to present the slideshow of pictures of Aunt Merle and the other 4 daughters. Aunt Merle and other family members added commentary and information on the photos as dad shared some really cool journal entries. And the best part was he had made a copy for each family that was there! Thanks for all your hard work dad! I can't wait till the next reunion:)

No comments:

Post a Comment