Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hale Family Reunion....1st One Ever!

Dad did an amazing job with putting together the first ever Hale reunion! The first night was nice and casual as we re-introduced ourselves to our family members. I had not seen some of them in over 20 years! Others, I got to meet for the first time!
This is my dad's cousin Bobbi and her husband Ernie.
Dad made colored coded name tags for whichever daughter of JW and Nellie Hale we descended from. The purple nametags represented Violet...Grandma Odom!
Everyone had a great time. Aunt Donna had a fun icebreaker game we played where we had to find out cool and interesting things about our family members. Have you ever been to the top of the Eiffel Tower? Have you ridden on Grandpa Hale's trolley? Do you speak a foreign language? And even...do you have a tattoo! I learned a lot!
I felt bad that I didn't bring our teenagers with us. Both Jansen and Carlie had previous commitments. I would have loved to show off my teens! There were plenty of other teenagers that I'm sure they would have loved to have gotten to know.
Afterall...we are all FAMILY!
As for the younger kids....it may have been a bit overwhelming.

The kids were super good because they knew Aunt Julie was going to take them swimming if they behaved! The evening was so much fun and I didn't want it to end!
Part of the deal to convince Will to come with us on the 12 hour journey to Bryce Canyon for the Family Reunion was that he got to be the designated photographer! I think he did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment