We just returned from a great visit to my family in Utah. To say I hate being in a car would be an understatement. I have to have all the right conditions to make the trip bearable....the right temperature, the right amount of food in my stomach, the right music to sing along to. You get the drift. Well for whatever reason, the stars did not align for me today. Was it listening to Rush Limbaugh for 3 HOURS? I'm sure it didn't help. By the time we reached the pass I was more carsick and achy than ever. (I had fallen asleep several times and kinked my neck so I was very tense the rest of the way not to mention my anxiety levels were through the roof today.) I tried to sleep the majority of the time but all that did was make me cranky,groggy, and disoriented.
Thankfully we arrived home to a clean house and a fish (Mr. Dory), who beat the odds and was still alive after 5 days of neglect, aka: no food! What a fighter! If only I could muster the fortitude of our fish.
We should not have been here today. As I saw my menu on the fridge with July 1st saying: Moving Day, I was reminded of the unsettled turmoil going on right now. While I am thankful that we were able to sneak away to Utah for a while, now it is back to reality (which I never really left in the first place). Time to check the mail, balance the checkbook, and check Craigslist for the umpteenth time for a house. We actually stayed within our travel budget pretty well other than the unexpected $45 Subway lunch today which wasn't even really that great! But I digress...
The ride home was really quiet because everyone was on edge and nobody dared speak to anyone...no, seriously. Sleeping really was the way to go! Now with uncertainty looming all around in reminders of packed boxes that have nowhere to be transported to, I find myself wishing I could just fall asleep for the next few weeks till we know for sure what is going on. Could you just wake me when I get there? Just make sure I have good music and food along the way please.
PS- I promise to post happy pictures and posts about the trip. And note to self: Never blog when arriving off a yucky 8 hour trip.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The not so perfect blogs are most often the best! It's a great way to vent and get some extra support from your loved ones! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you got to come visit..and I hope you find a home soon! Try KSL...I think they have listing's in Idaho..that's how I found my apartment.
LOVE YOU ALLIE-hang in there!