So here's the story so far: Joe interviewed and got the job at South Fremont High in St. Anthony, Idaho. He commuted back and forth for the month of June doing tournaments, open gyms, and even took the team to Colorado for a camp. While in Colorado, he received a phonecall which started a sequence of events making our summer take a dramatic turn of events. The house we were supposed to rent had just been sold from under us, literally days before we were supposed to be moving in!
One of our favorite tv shows in the summer is called Wipeout? Last week they introduced a new obstacle. The runner thought they just had to jump over a sweeper arm when out of nowhere...a panel of the wall smacks them right in the face, off the platform into the mucky water. The phonecall we received was our "Smackwall".
Curiously enough, within hours a job in Livingston, MT had come up on the radar. You know one of those friend of a friend type deals. We decided to pursue it after a very funfilled week in Utah with family. While in Utah at the temple my answer came to "Trust my husband and follow him". So when he asked me to go to the Park High interview in Livingston, of course I was excited to go.
I was thoroughly impressed with the town of Livingston. It reminded me of Red Lodge only about triple in size. While Joe was being interviewed for the Sped position I got to hang out at Sacajawea Park....just me, a water bottle, and my Family Fun magazine.

I had no idea how long the interview would go so I went on a walk and then seated myself on one of the many benches along the river. The interview went for almost 2 hours...but I digress. As I was sitting enjoying the amazing mountain vistas while hearing the roaring rivers, I noticed a woman dressed all in a happy yellow. She would walk by my bench every so often and then go sit on a bench 3 down. After a couple of times of her pacing, I began to wonder if I perhaps had taken "her" bench. I was determined to strike up a conversation with her on her next pass but she beat me to the punch.
As I was reading the article on different activities to do with your kids so they won't stare at a tv screen all day, she caught me off guard by stating, "You know you are sitting in the most spiritual spot right now." Oh? How do you mean? "In Buddhist religion the most sacred spot to meditate is where 2 rivers become one." I was intrigued and asked her to explain. The 2 rivers have their own set courses until they join. At that point it is then up to nature to decide how the water will flow together. I can't say I quite understood her deep insight but after a short conversation she went home and I was relieved to find I had not taken "her" spot. She just wanted me to appreciate the zen like moment I was having there by the side of the rivers.
I found myself contemplating how our life felt like 2 rivers colliding. Without finding housing in St. Anthony we were now forced to seek a plan b so to speak of. And while I was relieved to realize this was not my decision (remember I'm supposed to trust my husband), I truly felt like the 2 rivers in my life were colliding together and only nature or God would shape the path of the water.

After an amazing day of interview, going out to lunch, and more chatting with the principal, I was sure that yes, I could live here if Joe decides that way. I loved the character of the town although not so impressed with housing prices and sizes, but I felt perhaps destiny had lead us to this place. The principal had felt the same as well. So imagine how surprised I was after the day to find Joe had made the decision to stick with St. Anthony. He said, it only solidified in his mind that we are on the right path. Interestingly enough, the principal in parting had said our answers would begin to unfold on the drive home.
If only he knew. Within 15 minutes of leaving Livingston, we had not just one but two housing options come available in St. Anthony! So tomorrow, after 24 hours of rest, Joe and I will hit the road once more and house hunt once more in what I hope will be the end of this part of the story. We have until Monday to make a final decision on the Livingston coaching and teaching position. If we find housing in St. Anthony tomorrow, we will have our answer....finally.
So I really don't know what I am supposed to be learning from all of this. Patience? Yes! Trust? Definitely. But I do know that mom is right....at the end of this we will have a really great story!



...because it has too.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had words of comfort, but to be quite frank we're all sitting back watching the story unfold with you. (I'm having popcorn with my viewing... LOL)
ReplyDeleteI KNOW that whatever happens, the story and it's ending are going to be amazing.
Ahhh all for the love of the game. It will all be worth it.
ReplyDelete