One of the first priorities was to get to the temple! It had been over a year for both Joe and I. I took my pleadings and frustrations but did not receive the answers I wsa hoping for. The only answer I got was "Trust your husband and follow him". Okay. Let the vacation begin!
Next came our favorite place Lehi Legacy Center. You can't have a trip to mimi and papas without heading there to swim for an hour or two.
The actual 4th of July this year was on Sunday so all the festivities were celebrated on Saturday the 3rd. Joe loaded up the van with all the kids and took them to Stadium of Fire in Provo. They sat outside the stadium but had a perfect view of the incredible fireworks. Joe was sad he could only hear Carrie Underwood and not actually see her;)
And no trip to Utah is complete without some sort of game night. Thankfully, Caitlin brought Catch Phrase. I love that game! We had lots and lots of laughs. Which part of the chicken is a musical instrument? According to Caitlin...a triangle? Yeah, so next time you're in KFC bypass the drumstick and go straight for the triangle! You are too funny Cait!
We all looked forward to going to the Megaplex at the District (just a hop, skip, and a jump from KrisK's new home). However, we had a hard time agreeing on just one movie to see so we decided to divide and conquer! Carlie, Ember, and Mimi went to Karate Kid, Jordan, Julie, and Jared went to Prince of Persia, and the rest of us including Tarin went to Toy Story 3. (Papa was working an extortion case out of Mexico City so he wasn't able to come in the theatre with us.)
I Loved Toy Story 3!!! How can a 3-quel be better than the original? I was ashamed of how much I cried though. It really hit me...with Andy all grown up and everything! I seriously had to tell myself, "Allie, pull it together....it's just a movie!"
Now for the fun photos and details!



No comments:
Post a Comment