This past month we have had the privilege of having Aunt Rhoda(Sharon's sister)in our home twice! Joe and Eric are still working on their book about Pinesdale and so naturally they wanted to meet with Aunt Rhoda while she was up from Salt Lake last week. She has a knack for family history and knows an awful lot about all sorts of interesting family facts!
Since Joe was busy on business calls, I got to entertain Rhoda and Sharon and they even helped me out a ton by helping me set up our trampoline. I finally figured that winter was never going to come, so why not? I learned a ton the first visit Aunt Rhoda came and was delighted by her quick wit and hilarious sense of humor.
The second visit, Eric Rogers came too. We delved into more history of the group and talked about specific issues. Joe has been reading his grandpa's journals so there was plenty to discuss. What an interesting man! A bit strange at times, stubborn most of the time, but a very loyal journal keeper. It's been fascinating to get to know him through his writings.
So before Aunt Rhoda headed back to SLC, I was able to snap a photo of her, Joe, and Sharon. And maybe someday, someone will read my blog journals, and see this picture, and it will put a piece of the puzzle in place for their research as the hearts of the children turn toward their fathers!



No comments:
Post a Comment