Uncle Dave shows up to pick up Will for Kobe's birthday party
1. Didn't know he was coming
2. Didn't know it was Kobe's birthday
3. Will was at jumprope and couldn't have gone anyway
4. I told Dave I'd try to run him up after jumprope (The van went dead and I was never able to follow through)
Joe said he needed checks but instead of waiting for me to get them, he found some in his desk drawer.
1. He wrote a check for the basketball tourney.
2. He wrote a check for the new car battery.
3. Bank calls and says we have 2 checks on a CLOSED account!
4. Joe apologizes for using checks that are 3 years old.
5. I clean up the mess at HHS and Carquest.
6. Thankfully we live in a small town where we know everyone and no bounced check fees are being added. Whew!
Joe takes Carlie to Basketball practice.
1. He calls from the gym saying Will is supposed to be there for his first practice.
2. Will mentions that he's supposed to bring a dozen cupcakes for Pinewood Derby.
3. I take Will to the gym.
4. I go get cupcake supplies at the store.
5. Joe helps Will do Pinewood Derby late into the night.
This week the mis-communications reached epic proportion!
Tuesday:
1. Thought Joe was coaching Carlie's team so assumed he was skipping FPU class.
2. Assumed Joe would watch kids while I was at "Aprons Through the Ages" Relief Society activity.
3. Found out Joe was indeed going to the class. So who was watching the kids? Carlie was at volleyball.
4. Remembered that Carlie had left her basketball practice stuff in the car for Joe to take to her.
5. Jansen could watch kids? Nope...he was working out.
6. Almost had meltdown but thankfully KrisK came to the rescue. That's what friends are for right? She only said one thing, "It will all somehow work out." Guess what Kris...it did!
7. Ended up taking Will and Kris to church with me.
8. Joe went to FPU Class.
9. I left RS during the dinner to take Will to basketball practice, only to find a locked gym.
10. I texted Joe and asked if he was sure it was Tuesday and not Thursday to which he replied, "I'm an idiot...it is Thursday."
11. Right then other kids showed up and soon an adult with a key showed up. Will gave Carlie her practice stuff after her volleyball game so she could go to her basketball practice. Kristen and I headed back to the church after texting Joe that everyone was taken care of.
12. Jansen got back from working out and wondered where the heck everyone was!
13. I had a great RS activity thanks to Jill and all committee members, got home, kicked off shoes, took a deep breath, and said "I'm home".
14. Quickly realized the kids weren't home but Joe and I were. Hmmm.
15. Joe grabs the keys and heads out to find kids.
16. Receive a phonecall from Jill saying she had my kids at the church. Oh yeah...that is what I had told them to do. Wow!
17. Joe retrieves children from church and then we all collectively sighed and went to bed!
This week the mis-communications reached epic proportion!
Tuesday:
1. Thought Joe was coaching Carlie's team so assumed he was skipping FPU class.
2. Assumed Joe would watch kids while I was at "Aprons Through the Ages" Relief Society activity.
3. Found out Joe was indeed going to the class. So who was watching the kids? Carlie was at volleyball.
4. Remembered that Carlie had left her basketball practice stuff in the car for Joe to take to her.
5. Jansen could watch kids? Nope...he was working out.
6. Almost had meltdown but thankfully KrisK came to the rescue. That's what friends are for right? She only said one thing, "It will all somehow work out." Guess what Kris...it did!
7. Ended up taking Will and Kris to church with me.
8. Joe went to FPU Class.
9. I left RS during the dinner to take Will to basketball practice, only to find a locked gym.
10. I texted Joe and asked if he was sure it was Tuesday and not Thursday to which he replied, "I'm an idiot...it is Thursday."
11. Right then other kids showed up and soon an adult with a key showed up. Will gave Carlie her practice stuff after her volleyball game so she could go to her basketball practice. Kristen and I headed back to the church after texting Joe that everyone was taken care of.
12. Jansen got back from working out and wondered where the heck everyone was!
13. I had a great RS activity thanks to Jill and all committee members, got home, kicked off shoes, took a deep breath, and said "I'm home".
14. Quickly realized the kids weren't home but Joe and I were. Hmmm.
15. Joe grabs the keys and heads out to find kids.
16. Receive a phonecall from Jill saying she had my kids at the church. Oh yeah...that is what I had told them to do. Wow!
17. Joe retrieves children from church and then we all collectively sighed and went to bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment