Friday, November 7, 2008

Shopping Overcomes Fears

After watching Nim's Island again I realize how much I have allowed my fears to govern my life. NO MORE! A couple of Saturdays ago I really wanted to go to the mall in Missoula. The problem was that State Cross Country was also in Missoula. I wanted Joe to drop me off at the mall with the kids while he and Jansen went to the meet. After trying to figure out the logistics, we decided it would be too complicated and stressful. So he and Jansen left.

Many of you know about my fear of driving. It is a really big deal for me to drive 45 miles to Missoula. I know it sounds silly, but trust me the panic attacks are just not worth it. But I really needed some warm sweaters because I had none! I had exhausted all our stores here in Hamilton: Kmart, Fords, and thrift stores. (I know...the selection is almost to much to handle.) So you can see my dilemma! I decided not to let fear govern my life for once!

Instead I loaded the van up with the kids and announced, "We are going to the mall!" They about fell over from the shock! We had the best time! I guess all it takes to overcome fears is an intense desire to shop! We got home before Joe and Jansen and they wouldn't have believed me if we hadn't scored some loot and had the bags to prove it!

Carlie found a whole outfit in the girls section of JCPenney that she loved. I think this is the first "girl" outfit she has ever found appealing. I didn't care how much it was...I was getting it for Carlie. Thankfully it was on a buy one get one at 88 cent sale! Doesn't it look cute on her! And I ended up scoring a couple of cute sweaters at Herbergers. Woohoo!



2 comments:

  1. HOLY FIELD TRIP BATMAN!!!

    I am SOOOO proud of you Allie!! Both you and Carlie look fantastic in your new duds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a big moment for you, way to be! Yeah, and don't turn into Jodie Foster in Nim's Island. It is good to get out every once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete