And so this year will end much the same as it began ... back to subbing! I subbed 3 out of 5 days this week at the high school and am happy to report that it felt like coming home. Both students and faculty were happy to see me back. Only one kid started dry-heaving when he saw me! LOL! (He actually really likes me but that's his special-ed way of saying, "Welcome Back!")
Yesterday I got to do Sophomore testing for the kids who need to have their tests read to them. It was a lot of talking on my part! It basically was a pre-ACT test. The reader's script got me tongue-tied at times but overall it was a neat experience. I always take for granted that I can read...and read well!
In other news, Jansen had not 1...not 2...but yes 3 basketball games this week! They won all three handily. I never thought I would have my kid sit the bench because he was too good! Oh well. Jantz did get more playing time last night thankfully. The first game was something like 60-1. No joke. The second game was won by about 50 points but at least the other team was actually on the score board. And last night the score was about 40 points ahead.
It makes me nervous to think of the lack of competition around here. Jansen has set a goal to play college ball and this isn't getting him anywhere! (Insert frustrated sigh here.) I guess we'll have to wait for the AAU traveling team to get some strong competition. I absolutely love watching Jansen play. He has become so much stronger and comfortable playing. He didn't mind sitting out because he loved seeing his team mates,who normally sit the bench, get to play and succeed! What a kid!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment