1. Joe decided to attempt military presses again and....threw his neck out worst than ever. His batman phase looks like a cake walk compared to the pain he's been in. He went to a massage therapist and chiropractor but basically spent the last 3 days in a recliner. Saturday we did venture to Will's game but sitting in the bleachers at Frenchtown and the car to and from and shopping at the mall was probably the worst thing we could have done because his neck seized up again:( I curse those military presses!
2. My nephew Chase may have broken his shooting hand. He got smashed by a T-Falls player and his hand swelled up like a balloon. Joe had him icing and heating and was able to get the swelling down. Chase has to constantly roll a golf ball in his hand to increase mobility. I don't think it's broken but his dad Dave thinks it's fractured. Chase already had 14 points in the game before the half and the injury. Corvallis rallied and played a good solid game without him though. He received quite a compliment from Owen on the radio when he went down..Coach O said, "Oh my, folks there goes the best shooter in the state of Montana!"
3. Then Saturday Will was playing the Froshmore game in the Frenchtown Elementary school gym (the high school gym is under repair from the flooding). The gym is much smaller than the usual gyms and it's hard to gauge the out of bound lines. Long story short, Will ran full speed into a metal guard rail with his face! And they still played him! I knew he had a concussion right away and was ticked that they brought him back out and let him keep playing. But dad said as long as he wasn't urinating in the corner her was fine! Not funny! Not only did he play the rest of the Froshmore game, he played in the JV game as well! I was livid. This mama bear could tell he wasn't right in the head... Long story short, he went to BYC on Sunday and felt like he was going to puke. I got to church with Kristen and his pupils were the size of saucers! Killer headache and he can't chew anything either. He has a nice strawberry where he nailed the bar on his forehead but he didn't bleed or bruise so that's a blessing. Unfortunately, his symptoms have gotten worse so he wasn't able to practice today so now he will start concussion protocol with the school. Coach Madeen (volunteer assistant coach) is pretty ticked they let Will keep playing. I guess I wasn't the only one paying attention!
4. Kristen lost her pajamas last night after the Super Bowl so I was under her bed, thought I had clearing to kneel up and now...yep, I've got a throbbing head too. It was hard to workout this morning so I just focused on arms. I'm not calling mine a concussion because you know the rule...you can't have the same injury as anyone else in the family.
So yeah, lots of x's and o's needed. Oh and then Carlie called Face-Timed last night during the Super Bowl...all alone! I was so sad that she had to watch the game all alone. Garrett never called her back, Eli was in St George, Nate was at a family thing, Cam was in SLC at a party, Amand was still at church, and even Hannah was out of town at a party... anyway you get the idea. I can't even fathom how busy Ebony keeps Carlie. She had her do a little kid camp Saturday morning. Amand commented she was really good with the kids...yeah, she's had a little experience;)
Oh and Aunt Betsey sent Carlie a late graduation present of a dope basketball artwork design ala Andy Warhol. Carlie texted her to thank her and she and Betsey chatted via text for a while:) Carlie's gonna get to hang out with Aunt Betsey when the team goes to Vegas!!! Ah, even more x's and o's...
Yesterday in primary Johnny Meuchel had a white board and a marker and explained the game plan of football to the kids. Of course he is an avid Broncos fan so Panthers were the enemy...nevermind that we had the Apedaile kids complaining about the favoritism on the diagram. Anyway, I've never seen Johnny so animated and excited and then he asked the kids if we had a game plan when we were sent down to earth. He asked what the Game plan is called and Cash Hawkes yelled out "LIFE!" The adults laughed and nodded their heads. So simple. Obviously the answer he was looking for was "Plan" of Salvation. He then went on to ask how we can get first downs and field goals and touchdowns. The kids were yelling out "Baptism" , "Priesthood", "Missions", "Temple Marriage". The fervor was growing to a fever pitch and it felt like we were in a real locker room pep talk. What do we want? A Touchdown! Why do we want it? To live with Heavenly Father again! Who will help us? Jesus! How many tries do we get to make it to the end zone.... Infinity!!!! I've never been so excited about the plan of salvation in all my life and then to end he whispered, "Go Broncos!" Classic!
I hope you have had an equally exciting week minus the concussion and injuries;) Even our missionaries here Ward and Metcalf had a bout of food poisoning . Poor guys! They were at church yesterday so I think they will pull through! Love you! Love you! Sending lots of x's and o's your way!
love, mamajessop



No comments:
Post a Comment