The following was a FB post this past week:
When I was at Cindy Willey's birthday party the other day I heard a phrase that she and Kizzy use with each other. "Get up ten!" Although it referred specifically to Kizzy's volleyball number on her jersey, it also meant fall down 9 times, get up ten! Few things bring my life to a complete stand still faster than realizing failure and yes, my nemesis, the cold sore;) Sorry to say that both hit me with full force within a span of 24 hours. Not good for anyone who has to live with me. So I did what any crazy person does...try to sleep it off. So after sleeping 13 hours (no exaggeration...my Up bracelet confirmed it), I woke up to find my cold sore spreading and my failure still clinging to me like bad morning breath. But then I remembered, Get up ten. I headed to the gym to sweat it out but instead had a beyond bizarre encounter with a mini-trampoline that left a huge welt and bruise on my thigh. Don't ask! And then when I got home, the most beautiful thing happened...Carlie called and got me laughing and helped me realized that maybe I haven't failed as much as I thought. And then an even better thing happened, I was able to go teach with the missionaries and although the person we were scheduled to see wasn't there...I made a new friend visiting someone else entirely:) I am ever so thankful that "I got up ten" this week!
Monday, February 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment