Joe decided it was time to move his office back home:) We will end up saving money by him building an office here on our property. We will pay the same amount on a construction loan as we did for rental and utilities at Marco. We will end up saving money in the long run with fuel costs, not to mention, our budget for the Corvallis Merc food will go down too;) We have been so blessed to have help from many of the brothers. When Jansen's friends came over last weekend, they asked what the deal was with the "shack" being built...and thus the nickname came into being! Not sure if I like the name, but I don't have a whole lot of say in the matter.
I love the sound of construction: the hammering, the air compressor, the sound of the tools rattling around in the rag. Ahh! But nothing compares to the smell of wood...I love the framing process and seeing it all come together. Thanks to Tim who spent his vacation weekend helping Joe and his brothers "raise the roof"!
I can't wait till it's all the way done! As of this posting, the roof is done, the sheetrock is up, the electrical is wired, and the windows and doors have been installed. I will post more pictures when it is totally finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment