Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Sidewalk

Joe has been working on this project for a couple of weeks but the rainy weather has 
not allowed us to finish...until now:)
Once again, I am amazed at all of Joe's hidden talents.  He backed up the cement truck using hand signals.  Silly to some but I was amazed by it nonetheless;)
Then I got my own "Bob the Builder" experience as the cement truck started dumping.  I have never seen this process so I was loving every second of it:)  I wish Kristen could have been home with us but alas, she was busy being spoiled rotten by mimi and papa!
Carlie and Jansen had the job of skreeting the cement as it was being poured.  This process ensured the gravel would fall to the bottom and create a nice milky substance on top.  This is harder than it looks.  I gave it a go but couldn't keep up with Jansen's muscles.  All you have to do is push and pull the board over the cement but it was quite a cardio workout.
Joe knew just what to do and when to do it so the cement was workable.  I can't remember the name of every tool but I loved watching him work.

Then there was the peanut gallery....or should I say the popcorn gallery;)

We almost felt guilty watching Joe work so hard in the heat of the sun, but hey...we live in Hamilton.  We will take our entertainment anywhere we can get it!
Carlie helped Joe mark the lines for the sidewalk...




The heat of the sun did it's job....
And voila!  It's like it was always there! 
Now all we have to do is bring in a load of rocks to landscape under the tree.
I have much more appreciation for cement workers now.  I had no idea how precise the whole process of pouring a sidewalk could be.  I am so thankful to have a handy husband...
my protector and my provider:)

No comments:

Post a Comment