Monday, July 9, 2012

Gen-e-ol-ogy...I am doing it!

I know the words to the primary song have been changed to Family History...but anyway you sing it...wow! The highlight of my trip was being able to go to the temple with the family to do baptisms. This was Will and Ember's first time going so they got to do the family names Dad, Uncle Joe, and I found several days before. What an honor!
 
I have done many baptisms but this experience was totally off the charts because we were actually baptizing our own family members! It was like a treasure hunt finding them on www.newfamilysearch.com and then the prize came by going to the Oquihr Mountain Temple!
The timing was perfect because Joe's brother Ed was able to join us at the temple too!
I wonder if the people waiting to have their work done are just as excited to be at the temple as we are?
One name stood out in particular....Sympharosa!  I know she accepted the work done for her...I could feel it so strongly!  Thanks Ember:)
And thanks Jordan for performing the baptism for Hyppolyte, Sympharosa's husband!
What a cool experience to be with Jordan and Jared in the temple.
But nothing prepared me to see Joe doing the baptizing for his brother Ed!  I wished Sharon could have been there to see such a magnificent sight!  Afterwards, we found the Jessop brothers doing this.
What were they doing?  We sent Will to investigate...
They were taking pictures of themselves in the window of course!

We all had a fantastically spiritual time at the temple. 
Just a few more pics to capture the momentous event!
Here are all the temple workers for the day;)
And this one is priceless...at the temple with mimi and papa!
Serving in the temple brings indescribable joy!
It did my heart good to see the youth of our family worthy to enter the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment