Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Fish Fry 2010

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Ever since Joe and I got married, we have attended the Father's Day Fish Fry in Pinesdale each year. We have only missed the year Will was born. The Saturday before Father's Day, the boys all head out fishing. This year was no exception and this year even Joe and Jansen went out fishing with Dave. Jansen caught 3 and Joe and Dave each caught about 20 or so.

The aroma of frying fish in Grandma's house rank as one of my all time favorite smells! I look forward to the fish fry like no other family gathering. We saw more of Joe's family today than we have seen in years. One of his siblings commented that they saw us more when we lived in Red Lodge rather than just down in Hamilton. Sad, I know.

The man of the hour who brings so many loved ones together is the patriarch of the Jessop clan...Marvin Musser Jessop.
Dad to many... Grandpa to many, many more!

Many of you are wondering, "Oh boy I wonder what feats of strength those Jessop boys were up to this year!" This year rocked not only for the brothers...but the sisters too! Ed and Rich put a plan in place that put smiles on everyone's faces and memories to last a lifetime.
Unfortunately, Ed could only be at the Fish Fry in spirit since he was performing in Annie Get Your Gun so he missed out on seeing his plan come to fruition. So thanks to Rich and Ed, I bring you Father's Day Fish Fry Feats of Strength:

When the kids were little, Marv would take the kids on a ride in the truck up the mountain...so why not? As with all feats of strength it starts with a few.....

Then more and more join in....
Nobody wants to be left out and more importantly, they wait till everyone comes so nobody is left out!
Even the girls got in on the action. Anyone who was a child of Marv got to participate....
Marv was grinning ear to ear as his truck sagged under the load of what can only be called his posterity! Can you imagine if all 30+ kids had been there?

What a sight! All those grown men and women piled on the Marco truck! We thought the tires would pop for sure but they didn't!

So all the spouses were left at Sharon's laughing and chatting. Somehow, I am the only person that had a camera! I hope these pictures are adequate for everyone wanting copies.

The true spirit of Father's Day was felt though when they returned.
All the kids went running to greet their dads! What a sight!

They all loved riding in the truck but commented that this is the first time Marv had probably ever been embarrassed that he is a polygamist. I guess they got some interesting looks as they paraded down Pinesdale and up Wild Flower.
I doubt Marv could ever be embarassed of his kids but he was definitely disappointed that the kids wouldn't let him go very fast while they were hitching their sweet ride! Hee hee!
Happy Father's Day Everyone! A special shout out to my daddy whom I love dearly. Maybe next year will be the first Father's Day with my own dad. If so dad...there's got to be fish please! But we'll leave the feats of strength to the experts! I love those Jessop boys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment