Last Sunday I fasted for the first time in years. We all fasted that Joe would get a coaching job. It came as no surprise that the very next morning he was contacted by Cle Elum High School in Washington and was asked to interview for the Head Boys Basketball coaching position. Joe loaded up the boys and they were off .... then the transmission quit working ... they put-putted back to town from Stevi going a whopping 40 mph .... figured out how to untrip the cylanoids at the oil place ... and then headed out again for Cle Elum.
Long story short... The interview went great but it just wasn't the right job. The team has only won 4 games in 3 years. Yikes! Not to mention there was no teaching job available. They offered him the job on Friday but he declined .... but they wouldn't take no for an answer and begged him to reconsider. They are giving him till the end of this month but he talked them into only waiting till Monday...when his answer will still be NO! How can you not just love coach jessop?? I don't blame them for begging him to reconsider but we will only move if it feels right and this one just doesn't.
The trip was not a total waste though. I think Jansen needed the experience more than anything. He is not happy about the possibility of moving...ever! He actually liked Cle Elum and was given much praise by the high school students for hitting a half court shot Lebron James style. Jansen and Will hung out in the gym during Joe's interview and the kids there were still in school. Of course they all wanted to know if Jansen was new in town. I think he liked the attention and realized that if we do end up moving that there are some perks to being a new kid. Will loved the road trip and especially liked going to the boarwalk at Coer d' Alene.
I have to admit that I second-guessed the decision throughout the week. I went from "absolutely no" to "yeah, I could see us there" to "whew, I'm glad Joe said no" and finally to "But Cle Elum needs him". Weird how I could come full circle. This month's visiting teaching message is about sincere prayer. I joked to one of my friends that I believe in the blessings that come from sincere prayer but just be careful what you pray for! LOL! We'll keep you posted on any other developments for the soon to be Coach Jessop again!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You jest about prayer...but I'm careful what I ask you to pray for for me...he he.
ReplyDeleteJust sayin.