Monday, April 13, 2009

When a Want Becomes a Need

A couple months ago we had a severe wind storm that knocked down our basketball hoop! We have been basketball-hoopless for way too long! I thought that it was just a want but found out over the last few weeks that it is actually a need!



Now that the weather is starting to feel like spring, I need my kids to be outside! No seriously! I have a 14 year old boy .... 'nuff said. The teenage variety of kid must have a physical outlet for life to function normally. When teenage boy is happy...mama is happy...when mama is happy...everyone's happy:)



So the first chance I got when we had some extra money....you guessed it...
Ahh, life is so good! We actually only had to replace the backboard and hoop since the stand was still intact. I got a screamin' clearance deal at K-mart and paid $64 for a $100 hoop! Yay me!



So life is finally back to normal around the Jessop house. Children are pounding the pavement, riding bikes, exploring the outdoors, and as for me .... I am soooo glad that the hoop became a need and not just a want. Hmmm, what other wants should I turn into needs?

2 comments:

  1. That last picture of Carlie and Jansen playing is amazing! With Carlie airborn and the snow capped mountains in the background, you done good Allie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this picture of Jansen!

    ReplyDelete