Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Allie's Idol Obsession


Just a random post tonight...
American Idol is one of three shows I actually watch on tv and look forward to. (The others are 24 and The Office) Now that I am working 3 days out of the week, American Idol has become my favorite event of the week where I can kick back, relax, and enjoy. The world just goes away. The kids understand this sacred time and are invited upstairs if they follow the rules: no talking during performances, no talking during judges commentary, and basically..no talking in general.

The kids and I watch every week. Sometimes we cover our ears and yell "Make it stop!" (Not really) But mostly, we hoot and holler for the idols we love. Oh yeah, you know I'm talking about Adam Lambert for me and Danny Gokey for the kids, and yes we love Kris Allen too. Anoop-dog, not so much. As for Allison Iruheta, Will cheers, "Go Mom! Get it?" Yes, Will I get it for the hundredth time you silly boy. Tonight we were treated to some extra special dancing by none other than our little Kris! She had some sweet moves going on for disco-night! (None, were disco related in the slightest.)

I think I am totally messed up in the head because I look forward to seeing Ryan Seacrest every week announcing..."This..........is American Idol!" Tomorrow 2 more contestants get the boot and then we have a competition! Who will the top 5 be? I have my list and the kids have theirs. I love feeling like I have a say although I never call in and vote. Hmmm. Oh and did I mention, David Archuleta will be singing tomorrow night? Can life get any sweeter? I think not. Told you I'm messed in the head! LOL! I admit, my week isn't complete until I get wowed by Adam Lambert! What will he come up with next? Tracks of My Tears is still my all-time fave although Ring of Fire was curiously intriguing! I am already wondering what I will do with my Tuesday nights when Idol is over. Any suggestions? And don't say get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment