Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stop and Stare

We have had a busy and crazy month of May! Joe has been working a lot so I don't have access to my computer as much. I have tried to update the blog the best I can to give you a peek into our lives.

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit down. I am taking prescription Allegra-D which is loaded with sudafed. As you know, sudafed is what caused my anxiety disorder back in Red Lodge so I have avoided it ever since. Unfortunately, with my malfunctioning eustachian tubes (ears constantly clogged and cracking), it was the best remedy from my Doctor. I have felt very jittery on the medication so I decreased my dosage.

The past few days were taxing with Will's fevers and being up during the middle of the night helping him through it. I was sitting at the kitchen table feeling sorry for myself and lamenting the fact that it is once again too cold to go outside. I desperately needed fresh air. I sat there wondering if Joe could still possibly love me after all these years, all these sicknesses, through all my jitteriness, and verging on bouts of depression. I had finally been able to work out for the first time all week because of kids being sick and had finally taken a shower after a few days of not being able to. I should have felt refreshed and alive but I felt ugly and worn out as I sat listening to the radio.

Suddenly, Joe came out of the office just as the song "Stop and Stare" came on. He walked right over to me and put his hand out. He pulled me close and he danced with me!!! Right in the middle of the day! It is a moment I will never forget! Will and Kristen were the only ones home but I am glad that they at least got to witness a very special moment. I felt safe and secure in his arms. I didn't want the song to end! And in my head he is still dancing with me. He stated how awesome it is that he has a job where he can do that sort of thing in the middle of a hectic work day! Joe says I am an incredible mom to Kristen because he can hear me reading books and singing songs all day. What he doesn't realize is that I have done that with all the kids...he's just around to see it now. I feel that he respects my role as mother and homemaker a lot more now that he sees me in action! And what a way to show it...he was definitely speaking my love language when I needed it most!

So now when I hear "Stop and Stare" by One Republic (the song that is playing now). I will forever think of my afternoon dance with my husband! I am crying again just writing this entry. Sorry. Hopefully you all will have moments in your life where you Stop and Stare at someone who is important to you. And you never know, you just might make their day a whole lot better than it was and create a memory that will last forever! Afterall, forever is what it's all about! Thanks honey!

love, allie

No comments:

Post a Comment