Saturday, May 24, 2008

Little Miss Kris





So the previous post was my proud mother moment as I like to call it. This post is the not so proud mother moment! We were in Walmart the other day looking for curtains and of course we had to give Kris her fix of trying on shoes. (Leslie will relate to the following!) Over in the clearance section for $5 was a pair of white high heel shoes which Kristen instantly fell in love with! So much so that she wouldn't take them off! I know...what about parenting? That went out the window once I had an empty stomach on a full day of shopping. I just didn't want to hear her scream. I thought to myself, "I'll let her wear them in the store while we continue shopping. Surely she'll get frustrated by the elastic holding them together". How wrong I was!

By the time we got to the checkout, Kristen had ensured that the purchase was inevitable! I was too hungry and cranky myself to deal with the forthcoming 2 year old tantrum. I rationalized that we would have spent more than that had we gone out to eat. And she does love shoes. Never mind the fact that they were 2 sizes too big for her or that I would be spoiling her rotten. LOL! As the cashier scanned them they quickly were back in Kristen's posession and on her feet! Oh brother. I've created a monster!

She has worn the shoes nonstop for 5 days. Click-clacking around the hard wood floors in our house I wonder, "What was I possibly thinking?" The day I took these pictures she was the ultimate little miss thang! As Carlie and Jaylee rode off on their bikes to Jaylee's house, Kristen ran down the cul-de-sac in her heels calling out, "I go Jaylees house too!" That girl can sure run in her heels! It was cute and pathetic all at the same time!
love, allie

No comments:

Post a Comment