Yesterday, I watched a lot of tv! I hadn't watch a Hallmark movie in eons and so I chose to watch not one but two and almost three. I mean, Carlie and I don't get to do that very often, right?!? Kristen was busy in Whitefish breaking sub 30 in Cross Country to qualify for State...but I digress. Joe brought up a bowl of popcorn for the three of us to share. It was gone within seconds and I wanted more. However, I was too busy indulging in one of the deadly sins of sloth to actually get up and get some myself. I batted my eyes at my sweet husband who was already sacrificing by watching a chick flick...but to no avail. The longer I didn't have popcorn...the more I wanted popcorn. No, strike that! The more I NEEDED popcorn! I found myself getting angry that he wouldn't give me the popcorn that I so obviously craved. After an hour of really working up annoyance I finally announced, "Fine! I'll get it myself!" I got my lazy butt off the couch and stormed downstairs. As I started to open a package of my Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn (yes, I'm a popcorn snob), I opened the microwave to find an already popped bag of popcorn just sitting there ready to be eaten. I stared in amazement and then swallowed my pride and exclaimed, "Best husband ever!!!"
I've been thinking about this little story today and I believe this is how God works in our lives. No, I am not comparing my husband to God;)...but go with me here. I was reading in Moses 6:4-5 as well as Genesis 22 and 28 this week. The overarching theme was that TALKING TO THE LORD OPENS BLESSINGS! We must pray always! Sometimes when we are praying for something, the Lord has the blessing all ready for us...just sitting in the proverbial microwave;) All I had to do was put forth some effort by getting off the couch, walking downstairs, and opening the microwave door. The popcorn is already there! Ask and ye shall receive...that's how the Lord works! Also, reminded me, "Faith without works is dead!" Do I treat my prayers like this with Heavenly Father? Am I like "I want .... fill in the blank... and I want it now!" -Just as a spoiled rotten child would demand? Perhaps, I need to change locations or get moving every now and again to receive the gift that is already there waiting.
As I was starting to write this, I wanted a picture of a popcorn bowl and stumbled across this personalized bowl sold on Amazon. I marveled at the name chosen for the example. Grace's popcorn! I think the Lord needed me to learn something about His grace this weekend. Message received and noted! Today on Mosaic Church's online sermon Pastor Jim taught that the antidote to Sloth is Diligence and Zeal! Grace comes freely through our Savior Jesus Christ and blessings that await us are so very personalized! Just like the popcorn bowl!
Hope you aren't just waiting around for your popcorn. Chances are when you look for your answers and blessings, you'll find they are right there waiting for you. And then you too can exclaim...Best God ever!!(Again, not implying Joe is the center of the universe although he is the center of mine;) Haha! And so I will continue to pray that Jansen as well as my mom and dad will continue to recover from Covid. And so I will rejoice that Nicole Meuchel's surgery was successful and she miraculously is CANCER FREE!! And so I will remember that God only wants good things for his children. No...not just good things...amazing and miraculous things!
Work hard and have fun!
love, mamaJ




No comments:
Post a Comment