Sunday, September 1, 2019

Big News for Hamilton Ward!!

Here is the letter I wrote to my missionaries this week:

Hello all my missionary friends!  

Big news from Hamilton Ward today!  Bishop Brian Hawkes was released after five wonderful years of service:)  Today we sustained Bishop Chad Dickemore! Quentin Apediale 1st Counselor, Joe Jessop (my hubby) as 2nd Counselor, and Howard Recht as Secretary.  Wow!!  Not many people can say that they are the office manager for their Bishop and wife to his counselor;)  I guess I'm just that special;)  Haha!  But seriously....I LOVE our Ward Family so much!!


Now for some sad news.... Unfortunately my baby nephew's neurosurgery had tons of complications.  Here's what I posted on social media earlier this week and things have actually gotten worse as the week progressed.  

CALLING ALL MY PRAYER WARRIOR FRIENDS: Please pray for my sweet nephew Ford who has endured many complications since his neurosurgery almost two weeks ago. Please pray for him by name- Ford Vandermeyden along with his parents Josh and Caitlin Vandermeyden. Here is my sister's latest update: "Ford’s incision became extremely swollen & started leaking on Monday. Tuesday he was admitted to the ER & then the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit). His incision is not infected (good news) but the docs aren’t sure what’s going on. Ford has already undergone a few procedures to relieve the swelling but these have not worked. He will undergo a more invasive procedure this afternoon. We will be in the hospital indefinitely. We are all tired. I am heartbroken."


Today, here is my post for Followers of Jesus Christ in the Bitterroot Valley:

I believe in the power of prayer! This past week I have had to pray harder than ever as my nephew fights for his life after complications from neurosurgery. I know my Savior is there with my sister and her husband as they endure this trial. Today my sweet friend Brook Christophersonreminded me that my 11 month old nephew in ICU is definitely not alone either. He's so young that he is probably surrounded and can see angels all around him. But while he continues to suffer, I will continue to kneel and pray everyday! And then God willing he makes a full recovery, I will kneel and pray in thanksgiving and know the Savior will be there to rejoice with me too! We are never alone!!  #PrayforBabyFord #PrayAlways#HoldOn #Faith


​

Isn't this picture beautiful!?!  It brought a lot of peace to my soul!  Thank you so much for sharing this GOOD NEWS with others!  

Hagan:  I got to work out with Kevin one last time before he headed back to college.  And by working out I mean Kevin was lifting ALL of the weights and I had my 5 pound weights going as we talked;)  Haha!  Kev says hey! And keep up the good work!  He just returned from training where he had some sick footage of him in a fighter plane!!  Oh yeah and just so you know...Jacob Rogers open house will be at our house next Sunday:)  Can't wait to see him as a married man!  We weren't able to go to the actual wedding in Provo so I'm pumped to see him!

Ok, so now for the shoutouts...  feel free to read them all...

Josh:  Holy cow you are amazing!  I love reading your letters and your pictures...well, they look like they're right out of a story book!  You are such a hard worker!  As Paul said to the people in Corinth, "Continue to plow in hope!"  Your family wasn't at church today so that was weird.  I texted your mom and I think she was surprised to hear how many visitors we had in primary today.  We had a whopping 15 kids total...which is almost triple what we have;)

Anthony:  If I've got my dates right... you are just about done with your mission!  Finish strong!  You are such a blessing to those around you:)  We are excited to welcome you home but make sure you stay in the moment for the next month.  Remember, God will put you right where you need to be when you need to be there!  Continue to share your testimony and many lives will be blessed!

Kailin:  Hey chica!  Keep up the good work!  I love reading your emails and you always have the most awesome pictures:)  Your mom and I still text each other all the time.  She is one of my favorite people of ever!!!  This week in my Come Follow Me study I was reminded that every calling is a call to LOVE!  The people you serve with and around are so blessed to have such a loving daughter of God in their midst!  Continue to love and remember charity never faith!

Maggie:  Your mom and I got to meet with the House of Praise pastor last Sunday and they are totally on board to help out with the Living Nativities this year!!!  We.  Are.  Pumped!!  I always learn so much as I serve with your mom on various assignments.  We are all members of the body of Christ!  We have so much more in common with our fellow Christians than we think;)  I'm excited to hear about your adventures in LA.  Maybe you'll run into my brother one of these days;)  He's the one with the CTR tattoo with flames coming out of it.  Seriously!  He hasn't been active in church since his mission but I always pray that He will come back some day.  Los Angeles is huge and the chances are slim but his name is Matt Odom and he lives on Sawtelle Blvd.  I love him dearly!

Natalie: Today I got to sub in the Jr Primary...yes, our ward is so small that we only have two primary classes with four kids in each.  Anyway, we were talking about spiritual gifts but I put it in terms the kids would relate to...Super Hero Powers!!!  I brought a red super hero cape and then they got up on a chair to strike their best super hero pose and then announce their super hero power!  Of course then they got to leap off the chair with their cape flowing behind them.  It.  was.  Epic!!!  You are just beginning your super hero quest!  Take time to search out your spiritual gifts and then you'll be amazed at how the Lord will use your talents to build the Kingdom of God while on your mission!  

All of you are super heroes to me!  So strap on your capes and get ready to leap out into a grand new week!  We love you!  We pray for you!  May you be blessed with health and strength to do what is required of you this week and always.  May you be led to those searching for light!  May you listen to and recognize the promptings of the Spirit!  May you be blessed for your efforts being true followers of Jesus Christ!  Work hard and have fun!!

Love, mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment