Sunday, September 22, 2019

Keep Facing Christ


Hello my missionary friends!  

A HUGE shout out to our newest missionary Elder Poulsen!!!  (Aka:  Rigby!) I'm excited to hear about all your adventures you're going to be having in Brazil!  Hope the MTC is treating you well:) Welcome to your first of many MamaJ missionary letters where I will fill you in on all things Jessop along with a few spiritual thoughts;)  You're going to be an incredible missionary!

On the flip side...I think Elder Equatore...you're on your last transfer.  Go to the buzzer and finish strong!  

Jessop Update: 
 I found out I'm a little too attached to material objects because when our new kitten Pablo ate the diamond off my wedding ring I kind of lost it!!  

My calendar said Thursday was the day to pamper myself so what a better way than to sit in a dentist chair for 1 hour and 45 minutes getting a CROWN!  Yes, I truly am royalty;)  Haha!

Joe was on a business trip in Denver this week so it was pretty lonely around here.  Jansen negotiated a raise at his job and got what he asked:)  Carlie decided that even though she's majoring in Psychology, she really does want to still be a math teacher;)  Will learned that a sorority girl he started to date at college doesn't like to be called "cute"...kind of a deal breaker when her man-hating and over the top feminism revealed itself.  I'm glad he found out sooner rather than later.  And finally, Kristen is trying to juggle two cats...Mr Whiskers and new kitten Pablo, who by the way went to the vet for the first time.  The two cats still hate each other so no new news there.

Now for the spiritual thought:

I just returned from the BEST lesson in Relief Society.  I had the privilege of teaching about Repentance today.  My primary goal was to include our deaf sister Katherine Allen.  I started the lesson by having Katherine and the sister missionaries sign the primary song Help Me Dear Father.  So much can be taught though the simplicity of a primary song....but then the ASL....wow!  took it to a whole new level!  The sign for Repent is made by making "r-s" with your fingers (both fingers crossed) and then putting your wrists together and then turning your wrists so whichever wrist was on top ends up on bottom.  Try it!  There is power in repentance and there is power in signing repentance.  We talked about different ways throughout the day where we get to turn towards ...or... Face Christ.  Ultimately, that's what repentance is. 

Help Me Dear Father to truly repent,
Making things right, and changing my ways.
Help me each day, 
Father I pray.
Help me live nearer, nearer to thee!

President Nelson reminds us that there is Power in Purity!  Keep turning towards and face Christ over and over again!  There was so much participation and the spirit was so very strong!  I feel so privileged that I was able to teach this very important lesson and learn so much from my friends today:)

The Way We Teach our Children

The Way we Serve

The Way we Treat Our Spouse

The Way We Think

The Way We Take Care of Our Bodies

The Way We Spend Our Time


The Way We Love

Thank you for teaching repentance as you serve the people in your area.  So here's the quote for the week:
"The Lord does not expect perfection from us at this point in our eternal progression.  But He does expect us to become increasingly pure!"

Keep Facing Christ Again and Again!
Hope ya'll have a great week!  Work hard!  Have fun!

Love, mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment