I've never understood why people hike so fast. To me, hiking is all about the journey. It's all about finding those blue butterfly moments. Often times when I am hiking I find myself looking down to make sure my feet are on steady ground, but it is when I look up that I find the greatest joy! After what has been an extremely cold, dark, and gloomy winter, we were thrilled to have the sun shining down on us as we hiked. I've never been so happy for a little dose of Vitamin D in my whole life;) My breath was literally taken away by the beauty of nature surrounding us on all sides!
Many of you missionaries I am writing to right now are on the last few months of your missions. And some of you still have a ways to go;) I hope you aren't just trekking your way to the finish line at a rapid pace. I hope you will take the time to enjoy those rare blue butterflies along the way. And even though you can't capture those tender, sacred moments on film, I hope that you will treasure those special moments in your heart and in your memory forever. Be sure to pause and look up every day. Give thanks to our Creator for the incredible vistas that seem to surround us everywhere we go. Give thanks for the tender mercies of the Lord that are allowing you to be on the hike of your life. Work hard! Finish strong! And always, always, look up!
Love,
mamaJ




No comments:
Post a Comment