Hope you all had a fantastic Easter! Easter Sunday was amazing! Grandma and Grandpa Jessop showed up! So cool! Joe was one of the speakers and Kristen and Natalie Hawkes sang at the end of Liesl's talk. It was beautiful! The Young Women sang and Kaitlyn Dickemore gave a sweet talk on gratitude. Of course the primary kids sang too and did a great job. After church we went to Don and Rachel's for yummy salmon, wild rice, and lots of veggies;) I didn't have to cook or clean so that was pretty awesome!
This week we are headed to Utah. We are pulling the kids out of school so we can celebrate Will's birthday a little early. Joe surprised him with Jazz-Warriors NBA tickets! Will is super pumped. I can't wait to see Mimi and Papa..and Carlie! I have been missing my parents like crazy.
You'll be happy to know that Carlie paid her speeding ticket with a few hours to spare before they issued a warrant for her arrest. Valedictorian! Woohoo! The whole ticket was a joke to begin with but then for her to cough up $93 kind of ruined her day today. But at least it's finally paid. Stepping in a puddle this morning definitely didn't hep her day any but I told her, "Hey, it can only go up from here!" Right? I congratulated her on "adult-ing" today.
Will has a choir concert tomorrow night which is why we aren't already in Utah right now. Mrs. Bucheit would flip out if he missed a concert. Our spring break was lame. Friday and Monday. Not enough time to do anything but too much time to not be bored. He and Bridger just took off to Missoula to get new guitar strings. Will is preparing a resume and will start applying for jobs once we get back from Utah.
Kristen is growing up way too fast! I just took her to get her hair cut and now she looks like she's closer to twelve than 10. She is so adorable!
This was a crazy crazy week.... I finally went to Dr Heath and now we finally know what's wrong with me! I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease and hypothyroidism. Hashimoto's is basically an auto-immune deficiency where my immunity attacks my thyroid, Fun, huh! I guess that explains why I'm so tired all the time... Brett and I had a great visit and he prescribed thyroid medication that I will be on the rest of my life. So there's that... But I am doing great:) Seriously. I am just happy to finally have some solid answers because now we can start addressing the symptoms.
A huge shout out to Zuster Emarie Majors! She is serving in Brussels, Belgium and we are delighted and ecstatic that she was kept safe from the terrorist attack! I couldn't breathe until I knew she was safe and sound! Also, this is the first time in almost a year that Elder Baumer is no longer on my list of missionaries to write because he finished his mission! I hope our paths cross again someday. I pray for the safety and success of all my missionaries:) Jansen is doing great out in Kentucky but he just survived a rough three weeks training a companion who struggled with depression and eventually got sent home:( His new companion seems to be pretty quiet and timid. Jansen just had his first baptism and it was pretty awesome! I pray for all our missionaries to simply have fun and find joy in serving! Hope you all had a happy Easter. Enjoy some Jessop family photo fun!
love, mamaj



No comments:
Post a Comment