Wednesday, November 18, 2015

When My Knees Hit the Ground

The following is the letter I sent out to all my missionaries serving out in the field:  Elders Lagunas, Archie, Sorensen, Smith, Walker, Stoker, Baumer, and Graham (he's back home now), and Ward and Mason. 

The quote for the week comes from one of my favorite songs on Christian radio station SOS by Hillsong United.

"I touch the sky, when my knees hit the ground!"

Nobody in my family lets me say family prayer anymore.  They say my prayers are too long and they tease me that I still pray as though I were the Relief Society President.  I'm sorry but I just have a lot tell my Heavenly Father and I pray for people by name.  Well, the fact that I have been denied the privilege of praying out loud;)  (haha) is showing.  I gave the opening prayer in sacrament meeting on Sunday and it was probably the most stumbling, word tripping, clunky prayer I have ever given.  I. felt. So. Dumb.  It’s not like me to not be able to pray.  I am resolved this week to study the topic of prayer and try harder to have more fluent prayers both out loud and kneeling by my bed.  I am going to demand that I be allowed to say family prayers every now and again;)  I promise I will keep them shorter but don’t worry I am still praying for my own missionary Jansen and his companion by name;)  

I hope you are learning about the incredible power of prayer.  Something incredible happens when we humble ourselves and speak to our Heavenly Father.  Kristen sang with the activity day girls in sacrament meeting this past Sunday.  The song the girls sang reminded me that “He hears and answers me when I pray in faith!”  I know miracles happen when we kneel in prayer!  And I believe I will learn how to pray out loud again;)  I have a testimony that I too touch the sky, when my knees hit the ground!

Keep working hard and may your prayers be more meaningful and sincere:)

love, mamajessop

No comments:

Post a Comment