Thanksgiving Miracles
I hope you had an incredible Thanksgiving weekend! I saw a quote the other day that said, “If
tomorrow you woke up and you only had what you told God you were thankful for
the night before, what would you have?”
I have much to be thankful for and I hope I am able to adequately
express my gratitude each night as I pray.
Our Thanksgiving was filled with miracles! Our home was filled with us, the Gwynns (yep
even Penny and Nicole came home), Sheila Wright, Walt and McCoy Willey, and of
course Elder Ward and Elder Mason!
Joe
says I got my inner Grandma Odom on which is the highest compliment anyone can
give a cook;) So on to the miracles:
Miracle #1: Carlie
came home! She wasn’t supposed to come
home until Christmas but I guess she just couldn’t stand being away;) She was only home two days and had to leave
immediately following our feast but we loved every second of her visit! I guess
the Lord knew I couldn’t handle the holidays missing my two oldest kids.
Miracle #2: As people
were showing up to our feast, we received a call from an unknown number
in…Kentucky! I freaked out but knew it
couldn’t be Elder Jessop, right? Right. Instead, we were privileged to hear the thick
southern drawl of the family that was going to be providing the feast for Elder
Jessop and his companion. Seriously,
even though Jansen wasn’t there, the message conveyed by this sweet family made
it feel like he was home with us at that very moment. They sent love and wished us a happy
thanksgiving. They then went on to tell
us what an incredible missionary and young man our boy is! He talked of the service he and his companion
give to their family and the ward. After
we hung up I had to take a minute to gather myself and then asked Joe, “Do you
think Jansen was actually on the other line standing in the room while we were
talking?” Hmmm…
Miracle #3: After
our feasting was done, I decided to text my siblings and wish them a Happy
Thanksgiving. I have one sister in
particular who has disassociated herself from our family for the last 5 years,
so I debated if I should reach out to her too.
I did. And she responded!!! She said she has been reading Jansen’s
mission letters and is loving themJ My heart nearly overflowed with love and
gratitude in that moment!
Usually, I don’t anticipate miracles until Christmas time,
but this year we were blessed with an abundance of miracles a little
earlier;) I hope as we enter into this
holiday season that we take the time to notice all the miracles all around
us! And then don’t forget to say Thank
You! As you wake up in the morning, you
will indeed be blessed by all the things you thanked Heavenly Father for the
night before! Keep up the hard work!
PS- We got to celebrate PenGwynn's 20th birthday!






No comments:
Post a Comment