Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Heaing Power of a Gentle Touch

The Healing Power of a Gentle Touch

 About a month ago I received a priesthood blessing that said I would have “new ears to hear and new eyes to see”.  I was told I needed to have the courage to pursue treatments or procedures that I normally wouldn’t.  At the time I thought that meant I needed to go to an ear specialist.  But every time I prayed about it, it just didn’t feel right.  I started on a journey that truly has given me new ears to hear and new eyes to see.  I discovered the book “The Emotion Code” by Bradley Nelson.  This book has revolutionized the way I think about the human body.  I already knew how magnificent and intricate it was, but now I understand more about the energy within our bodies.  This energy can give us feelings of exquisite joy as well as despairing grief.  The energy in our body can cause ultimate health and wellness or debilitating disease and sickness.  “There must needs be opposition in all things!”  Once we learn how to tap into this energy, we become the inner physician and can heal anything we set our minds to. 

I have been dabbling in kinesiology/muscle testing and am amazed at how our bodies know exactly what they need.  This type of energy does not take away the need for God, on the contrary it allows us to rely even more on Him for healing of our hearts and souls.  I got in touch with a body code specialist and was a bit creeped out when she “read” my body through an email.  She lives in Utah and I am in Montana.  She has been trained how to read energy remotely, which once studied, actually can be done….I just didn’t feel comfortable with this approach.  We never got our communication together but I continued to study body coding on my own.  So after weeks of learning….you know the saying, “When the student is ready, the teachaer appears!”….yeah, that’s what happened.

I have been praying in earnest to find healing for my fatigue, anxiety, and depression.  Finally, as I knelt on Sunday the answer came clear as bell….Cranio Sacral Therapy.  Huh?  Again, the spirit whispered cranio sacral therapy.  I only know of one person that has even talked about this type of therapy and she was my former student Katie.  I also recalled that a family member had mentioned it in passing at a family get together.  I remembered the blessing given to me a month ago and finally got the courage to call Katie and boy am I glad I did!  Life changing!  Katie told me all about the process, how it made her feel, and highly recommended it for me and my struggles.  First thing Monday morning, I grabbed the phone and called Tanya, my new cranio sacral therapistJ  She was able to get me in at 10am on Tuesday morning.  As I went to bed Monday night, I prayed that I would have the courage to release any trapped energy in my session.  I had identified the trapped emotions and trapped energy…I just didn’t know how to get rid of them.  And a brain massage sounded fantastic;)

So I showed up for my appointment with the usual jitters I have for any sort of appointment.  Tanya immediately put me at ease as she described the therapy she was about to perform.  Had I not read the Emotion Code as well as studied energy healings for anxiety online, I probably would have though it was a little hokey.  But I had done my homework and was ready to learn more.  She showed me a model of the human skull and explained the various parts and functions of the brain.  She then showed me a diagram of the craniosacral system which extends from the skull or the cranium down to the tailbone or sacrum.  Immediately, things were starting to make sense….my sciatic pain was connected to my depression.  I knew it!  Truth is truth and the more she talked the more the truth resonated within me. 

She then had me lay down on a padded table to begin the therapy.  She said you can tell a lot about what is out of alignment by how a patient lays on the table.  She asked me to lay straight to which I replied I thought I was.  According to her I was nowhere near straight…definitely out of balance!  My neck was cocked to one side and my legs were different lengths so it seemed and there was nothing straight about it!  She said there is a reason why when we are little we draw stick people.  We were designed to be straight up and down.  She told me not to worry because she was going to fix all that.  She reminded me that she was not the healer, that I had an inner physician, and that along with my faith in God I would be healed.  She just got to walk the journey with me!  She then cradled my head in her hands and with the lightest of pressure started applying pressure to various parts of my skull.  By light pressure I mean the type of pressure to push a coin across a table.  She patiently answered all my questions…I had many.  I wanted to know everything she was doing.  She got my still read which essentially is the flow of cerebral fluid throughout the body.  Not a pulse but to her just as detectable through reading my energy.  Wow!  She would press on certain parts of my skull that would elicit talking about emotional events…and the tears would flow and then all of a sudden I would feel s shift in energy, she would exhale, and say, “There you go.  Thank you for releasing that”. 

I can’t explain how energy works but I know that every sensation was real.  I found myself talking to my body as she was too.  I would feel a ripple of energy in the right lower back and then it was like it was gone…pain gone, sadness gone, desire to talk about it again…gone!  Tanya worked and worked with me.  Not only did she release trapped energy, she aligned my spine, balanced my sacrum, and made sure my chakras were healthy.  I know…what the heck is a chakra?  She explained everything as she went.  By the end of the session, two hours had passed and I felt like a million bucks!  She said that she has never had a patient release so much in such a short time.  She said my body was so ready to release it all!  She said, “Girl, you released a crapload of energy!”  Because of that she warned I may be a bit dizzy when I got up.  She was right…my body has been compensating so much that it wasn’t used to standing straight.  Incidentally, at the end of the session I was laying as straight as a stick person!  She had me walk up and down the hall several times to readjust to the changes before I left to come home.  She asked me to reward my body by sleeping the rest of the afternoon.  I released a lot of toxins so she also cautioned me to drink a ton of water…which I did.  I was drenched by the end of the session but felt energized and awake. 

When I got home, I danced around the house, drank water, ate lunch, and then remembered I was supposed to rest.  I brought my blanket outside and dozed off in the warm sunshine under the shade of our tree.  I felt like someone had reset me emotionally!  I want all my family and friends to know what an amazing therapy this is.  Cranio Sacral Therapy addresses migraines, headaches, chronic neck and back pain, stress and tension related disorders, TMJ, Motor coordination impairment, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, ADD/ADHD, PST, and many other conditions.  I am so excited to have ventured out into an area I am just learning about.  I loved being in tune with my body to feel the surges of energy as they released.  I learned that energy is neither positive nor negative but too much of anything can have devastating consequences.  My body is now beginning to balance out.  Let the healing begin!  I know I still have a road ahead but now I feel like my body is in happy harmony again so it can finally do it’s job.  My inner physician was hobbling around but now it is straight.  I feel strong, I feel balanced, I feel brave!
For more information go to www.upledger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment