Now that I am working fulltime at the highschool as a para in the special-ed department, and now that Joe has moved his office out to Woodside, Joe and I don't see each other as much as we used to. Imagine my surprise when Kali and Carlie delivered these flowers to my classroom. Carlie was standing outside the door while Kali walked in with the flowers. "Who are those for?" I unsuspectedly asked. When Kali responded they were for me I immediately thought that either I was in trouble or Joe was. Flowers are not a normal thing for us...and 20 roses...well, that was unprecedented!
My next thought was, "Oh no! Did I forget our anniversary?" Nope. Our anniversary is in August. Hmmm.....the whole classroom was dying to know who the flowers were from and why. I pulled out the card and read...
"You're probably thinking I am insane...it's not our anniversary. Wrong! It was 20 years ago today we first met. It was and always will be the best day of my life. Here are 20 roses for each year. I can't wait to give you 40:) I love you."
At this point I am crying and all the teenage girls are saying, "Ohhhh, how romantic!" Then I see Carlie in the doorway and she is mouthing, "Who are they from?" I know Carlie, I was as shocked as you were! By far this is the most romantic gesture I have ever been the recipient of.
I proudly displayed my 20 roses in my vase. Kristen thought they were the most beautiful flowers she had ever seen. Me too, Kris...me too! Love ya honeyJ!
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment