So much that happens in my life right now is confidential due to
the nature of my calling as Relief Society President. I wish I could
share the amazing experiences I am having as I serve the sisters in our
ward. However, I suppose I will just have to keep these things and
ponder them in my heart. Some experiences I never ever want to forget
so I will write about them in code. This week what I want to remember
is found in D&C 88:119:
119 aOrganize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse,
even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house
of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
In this one verse, years from now I hope I will remember the sweet
precious lessons of perseverance and patience I have been learning while
being in the service of others. I hope I will never forget the tears
flowing down my face as I left a friend's house trying to make her
burden lighter. I struggle to understand what my role is and how on
earth I can begin to help these sisters I love so dearly! In this one
verse, I will be reminded of my nothingness in the sight of God while at
the same time feeling the divinity within me as I remember I am
a daughter of God.
So what I reported to Bishop in "epistle format" (lol), the blog
now gets in a shortened coded format. Yep, I think you will be getting
a lot more coded entries from me. That felt good to relive this past
week in just a few sentences. These coded entries are more for me than
the reader but hopefully you can glean what you need to from this verse
and apply it to your own life!



No comments:
Post a Comment