
Remember when I failed my driving test in Liberty, Misourri? Worst day ever:( Since that day I always swore I would never take my kids to the DMV for their big test. I batted my big brown eyes at Joe and pleaded with him to take Carlie today since it was our last day of Spring Break. His work schedule cooperated and voila! I am so proud of my girl:) Parallel parking? Yep....she is the queen!

She and Joe got me good though. They both had me believing that she had failed. Floods of memories of disappointment and humiliation assaulted me as I tried remembering what it was that mom told me to make me feel like less of loser that day. Tears started to well up as I hugged her trying to console her pain. I asked what went wrong and both she and Joe looking dejectedly at each other and said they didn't even know. Then Joe said, "Yeah, it was weird....all they gave her was this piece of paper." It was her new license!!!! Then I really did cry but this time tears of joy as I bear hugged my daughter....who now by the way...can drive herself to rugby practice;)
No comments:
Post a Comment