Flying by the seat of my pants has never been something I've been good at. However, when our best friends called and said they were going to one of our away games....the seat of my pants had lift off! I called someone I had just met the day earlier and asked for a ride for my 2 daughters and I. Upon arriving at the gym I told Brenda, "Joe's not going to know who he is more surprised to see..you guys or me!" I never go to away games. Shortly after Joe came up to us and said verbatim, "I don't know who I am more surprised to see...you guys or Allie!" Too funny! I had so much fun being spontaneous that I literally threw my hands over my head in swirling motion saying, "Look, Carlie....I'm being spontaneous!"
I enjoyed the thrill and excitement so much that I decided to try it out agin the very next week. We were sitting at home New Year's Eve morning when the thought occurred to me that we should go to Montana for the next 23 hours! Joe told the kids to pack an overnight bag because we were headed to Hamilton! The sounds of pure joy and excitement made the flying by the seat of our pants sooooo worth it! We had an awesome time in Montana, but of course it was much too short! Fortunately, we were able to stay with Grandma Jessop, surprise the Gwynns and Alberts, and hang out with Smiths for New Years. Did I mention Kris K was there too visiting from Utah? I finally got to see...no....HOLD Mr. Baby Soren! Best 23 hours ever! We made it back New Years Day by 9 pm and were ready to fulfill all our church responsibilities the following day.
Whew! Flying by the seat of my pants totally takes my breath away....but I think I like it!
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment