Monday, December 20, 2010

I Mooned My Choir!

Most Embarrassing Moment Ever!

Yesterday I directed our ward choir singing The First Noel/Pachelbel's Canon complete with piano, organ, and flute! To say it was amazing would be an understatement. I made sure I was totally prepared knowing when to cue the women, the men, the instruments etc. However, I did not take into consideration the possibility of a "wardrobe malfunction".

I bought a new skirt and sweater for the special occasion. Apparently I did too many crunches and ab workouts the following week because the skirt fit me pretty loose but nothing to worry about right? Yeah, whatever. The choir all sat up front with me so when it was our turn all I had to do was stand up, set up the stool (yeah, I know...I'm a shrimp), and adjust the music stand. Cue the music and I would have been golden.

But my skirt happened to shift while standing up and continued to ride down while bending over to get the stool in place. As I adjusted the music stand, several women had a look of horror and were motioning something about my skirt. Naturally, I figured it had static and so I pulled it down. Well, it was already down which is why they were signaling to me. Carlie, was trying desperately to save the last shred of dignity her mother had. Finally, my friend made a very dramatic gesture that was finally clear for me to understand. Seriously, someone should have just yelled, "Pull your skirt up!"

So now I am aware that I am totally mooning the choir and just about to moon the congregation....what to do? what to do? I got off the stool, scooted behind the podium, shimmied my skirt back over my hips, stood back up...cue the music. Nobody but the choir witnessed what could have been my public humiliation! Carlie was laughing so hard after church...so was I! The choir performed perfectly inspite of my having mooned them!

Hey, I just made a memory in Saint Anthony! I'll try harder to make more dignified memories in the future:)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That's a good one Allie! I have had so many moments like that I can't count them... Love you!

    ReplyDelete