Hey everyone. Happy March!
Hope you like the new blog background courtesy of www.thecutestblogontheblock.com. It's fun to change it every once in a while.
So after a month of listening to my children singing "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" and "Angel Baby" (Ahh, mission accomplished: exposing them to different music) it's time to change up the playlist. Here is the list of songs and why I chose them:
1. Starstruck- Great beat, dance-able, makes me smile.
2. You're Never There- Crazy song I know but it reminds me of the new transition of Joe's job. He never answers the phone if it's me but I'm totally cool with that. He always calls me back as soon as he gets a free minute. Leaving messages is pointless since he doesn't check them so when he sees my number he knows he is needed. Besides, the song has a cool sound.
3. Lucky- Hello, March is the month of Luck! Nuff said.
4. Money, Money, Money- ABBA always makes the cut for playlist songs! This song title sums up what we are all obsessed with right now in this flailing economy. Am I right?
5. Rich Girl- Mom, remember when you sang "If I Were a Rich Man" when we were little? I remember ya-da-ya-da-ya-ing throughout my childhood...definitely one of my faves! This version has that Gwen Stefani zing and twist to it. Enjoy!
6. Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me?- Keith Urban Rocks! This song's first sentence says it all, "Got no money in my pockets, and I gotta hole in my jeans, I had a job but I lost it, but it won't get to me-ee-ee-ee." Is it possible to have less than no money in your pockets? Ah yes my friends. I just did taxes and found out that we owe a ton of money to the IRS and we got no money in our pockets! Does anyone know a LEGAL way to make umm, about 7000 smackers by April 16th? Wish I were kidding but I'm not.... Who wouldn't wanna be me!
7. Numa, Numa- This song just helps even out the reality of song #6. Completely nonsensical. But everyone needs to May-ya-hee a little to stay grounded in this crazy life.
8. Best Friend- I heard this song for the first time this morning and it made me smile and bop my head while driving. It's kind of a Lazy Town/Barbie Girl sound....totally annoying but you just can't help but love it. If you skip this one, I don't blame you and I promise not to tell Carlie..it's her favorite song!!
9. True- How long has it been since you've heard a Spandau Ballet song? That's what I thought. Consider yourself lucky that I put it on my playlist. I was trying to stick with the "lucky" theme by putting on Gold, but it was much more boring than I remember and that's when I stumbled on to this gem.
10. Lucky Star- Okay so I'm not a huge Madonna fan but it had the word lucky in it.
Just a little tidbit: I did a dance routine to this when I was a cheerleader for the American School of Madrid. Yes, in Spain! Everytime I hear the opening intro it takes me back to the exact formation of the squad. Go Lancers!
11. I Want it All- Yes, I live in a perpetual disney-esque "world". This song sums up how I feel right about now...I want it all! Don't we all? And oh yeah...for those of you just getting to know me: 11 is my Lucky Number!!!
Hope you enjoy this month's playlist!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



LOVE THE LAYOUT ALLIE!
ReplyDeleteThe new songs are a definite plus too! Although, can I please beg you to put it on shuffle? And that way I'll get a new song everytime I check it out! ;)
-Leslie
KAY!
ReplyDeleteYAY! It's perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou always pick the PERFECT songs!
This month's selection is no exception! And thank you SO much for the shuffle, If I never hear "Postman" again I'll be ok! Heehee!
-Leslie