If you ask my kids what I'll tell them if they ask me what time it is....they will all say in a droll voice, "Oh yeah, you live in a world where time does not exist." That's right kids!
It started a month ago as I was cleaning out the van for the youth temple trip. Apparently if you leave the radio on for 2 hours it kills the battery. Who knew? After we jumped the van, the clock and side mirrors died. I went crazy without my trusty clock telling me if I was on time to my appointments. Thankfully, I could glance down at my wrist.
Then last month, my battery died in my watch. You wouldn't think it would be hard to remember to take the watch to get a new battery but it took me over 2 weeks! When I was driving ....time did not exist! Thankfully I could take my cell phone out and see what time it was if I really needed to.
I was so elated to have a new watch battery and the certain calm that comes from knowing what time of day it is at all times. I hadn't realized how much I checked my watch until it was gone. I was determined that my watch and I would never part again. But then we went tubing and apparently my watch was not as water resistant as I had supposed!
So ask me what time it is! I dare you! You know what I'll say...I live in a world where time does not exist!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment