Hello my friends!
This week has been one of intense learning and growth for me:)
But first...family update:
We had the blessing to finally go out of town for Labor Day weekend:) We hadn't left the valley for over a year (besides our whirlwind Billings temple trip in a day);) Joe, Kristen and I got to visit Carlie in her new home in Whitehall, Montana! We dropped Kristen off with Carlie and then Joe and I got to get away for our 27th anniversary celebration! We went adventuring without a plan and ended up staying in Three Forks Montana at the Broken Spur Hotel and we ate the BEST BBQ Ribs at the Willow Creek Saloon!! So much fun! Then Jansen drove up from Utah to be with us at Carlie's and we got to meet Coach Mike and his wife Mo. Coach Mike is the Varsity Boys Basketball Coach that Carlie will be coaching with in Whitehall. We love Coach Mike and his wife and have no doubt that God has placed them in Carlie's path for a reason. There are such good people everywhere!!
Kristen started Hamilton High School!!! But probably even more note worthy is she started Seminary too;) (Will will understand just what a big deal this is in the Jessop Household!) The new start time of 8:45am at the high school means she has to go to seminary at 7:30 so I can be to work on time by 8am. Blessings! Kristen is improving in her cross country and gets to compete for the first time this week now that she has ten practices under her belt.
Now for the message:
It's go time! For the last two years I have subscribed to Hilary Weeks Live All in In music study subscription. Each month we get one of her new songs, sheet music to song, song study workbook pages, coloring pages, lyrics, and access to FB Live with her once a month. This month her song is entitled He is Still Good. The chorus says "He is still Good, He is still God! Sometimes it's yes and sometimes it's not." I was thrilled to find out that her guest for this month's FB Live was none other than Emily Belle Freeman. For the last year I have been studying with Emily's Inklings Institute and for the last six months we have been studying the Restoration Proclamation line by line. Worlds collided for me as I listened to two of my favorite disciples of Jesus Christ share testimony of how good God is!
I was especially intrigued by Emily's use of the word INTENTIONAL. How intentional am I being in becoming a follower of Jesus Christ? I try to use my time wisely throughout the day and surround myself with uplifting messages and music. Today in our Inklings study we studied President Eyring's talk about the Power of Prayer as well as the last line of the Restoration Proclamation about preparing for the Second Coming! In both the FB Live and IG TV, the resounding message is that This is Go Time! This is our time! The Lord needs me to be available to do his work! I also was reminded that the adversary will do everything in his power to distract me from this critical work whether it be through trying to stop me from praying, obsessing about my health issues, or even getting dragged down by negative social media.
We also studied Matthew 25 and the three parables: The Ten Virgins, The Talents, and the Goats and the Sheep. I could write a whole book on what I learned from that but my biggest take away was understanding what it means to trim our lamps. Trim means to put in proper order. When referring to the oil and the lamp, it's a process that if not done properly will cause the entire house to fill with black smoke. However, if we take the time to trim our lamps, the fire will ignite and give pure light to all in the vicinity.
Finally, (see I told you I learned a lot this week) in this week's Come Follow Me study, I learned how important it is to be watching full of faith for the Savior's coming. Our letter board for the week says, "Keep Your Eyes on Heaven". Funny, how all the studies I participated in had the same intertwining theme! Indeed, it's go time as we prepare for the second coming of the Savior! And as Rio on Inklings said today, "Who cares if it doesn't even happen in our lifetime. We will just be even more prepared to meet the Savior either way!"
I'm a little jealous that each of you get to be dedicating your WHOLE lives to our Savior, Lord and King. I hope you realize how lucky you are not to be bombarded by all the horrific news on social media as our world is definitely in a state of chaos and calamity! We pray every day that you will be led to those seeking the light that comes only in and through our Savior Jesus Christ! Don't let Satan distract you. Your mission is too important to the eternal salvation of God's children. So, now that you know It's Go Time....how will you stay intentional in building the Kingdom of God this week?
Work hard and have fun!
Love, mama J
aka: allie



No comments:
Post a Comment