Thursday, January 9, 2020

Embrace 2020

My word for 2020 is EMBRACE!  Because who doesn't like a good hug?!?  But seriously, 2020 has started out with Jesus wrapping his arms around our family as Will recovers from Lemierre's Syndrome, Pneumonia, Collapsed Lung and oh yeah...emergency tonsillectomy.  I love the beginning part of an embrace because arms are stretched wide open!  My arms are stretched wide open to embrace and willingly accept all that 2020 has in store for me.  Embrace is what I crave after a panic attack.  Embrace is what I need when I receive miraculous news such as Will's PICC line got to come out three weeks early!  Embrace is what I need to keep the positive flow of energy all around me.  Embrace is what I'm willing to give to the stranger in the ER whose son had just tried to commit suicide.  Embrace is what I am ready to give to any hurting soul I come in contact wether I know them or not because that's what Jesus would have done because he does that for me on the DAILY!  I want to embrace my old talents and welcome new ones with open arms.  I want to embrace the essence of who I am even if it's not pretty on some days.  I want to surround myself with people who are also awaiting what life has to offer them with open arms.  I want to look for the Lord's tender mercies just waiting to embrace me.  Embrace!  What are you you ready to embrace this year?

verb (used with object), em·braced, em·brac·ing. to take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug. to take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea. to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity.

This picture hangs in my bedroom and is also my lock screen for my phone to remember who is always embracing me.  Security by David Bowman Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment