Examine your armor as you put on the whole armor of God this week! I had the littles put on various pieces of armor with props I brought from home: Helmet of Salvation: popcorn bowl, Breasplate of Righteousness: apron, Sword of the Spirit: wooden play dagger, Shield of Faith: a round serving platter wrapped in foil, Loins girt with truth: half apron, and Feet Shod with the preparation of Gospel Peace: snow boots. Although the props were super simple...the message was profound! One of the little girls had taken her shoes off so I asked what would happen if somebody stomped on her toes? She would need protection for her feet...so I gave her my boots. But what if someone tried to bonk her on the head? The little girl with the popcorn bowl eagerly handed the helmet to her friend. One by one each child gave up their prop to fully armor the little girl head to toe! They were so happy when they realized she had put on the WHOLE armor of God! I believe this is how we put on the full armor of God...not just by armoring ourselves but helping those around us put their armor on too. And the beautiful thing I learned this week is that God custom makes the armor to fit us all individually because heaven forbid the popcorn bowl ever falls off our head;)
Sunday, October 13, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment