Sunday, June 23, 2019

This is Life

Dear Elder Hagan Majors, 
I want to apologize for not writing lately. I’m not sure how to catch you up on everything so I decided to just copy a thread of texts to friends and family. Buckle up. This isn’t a pretty email. 

June 11: I know it’s late but wanted you to know that Joes dad Marv has been hospitalized. He was admitted Sunday for a bladder infection which has now turned into a full blown UTI. Today he got sepsis šŸ˜” Joe and I just spent the last hour with him at the hospital. He actually said Hey Joe when joe sat on his bed!  Then he said he’s going on a trip. When we asked where he said Heaven šŸ˜‡ He’s never said that before. Please keep Marv in your prayers that he will be ready to cross over peacefully when the time comes.

June 13: The hospital has decided not to release Marv today. He's showing some signs of decreased kidney function so they want to check that out and monitor him for 24-48 more hours.  Joe had a rough night caring for him. Lots of moaning and crying. He thought Joe was trying to poison him by trying to get him to take his pain meds. But the saddest part was he keeps saying I’m not brave enough to do this šŸ™ Please pray that Marv will feel brave! I just put his name on the Spokane Temple prayer roll. Throw a prayer Joes way too. This is really hard for everyone.

June 14: Dr update.  Kidney function is declining still.  Recommending hospice. Hospice will be in shortly to discuss best options available 
No timeline for dad passing but they want to keep him in the hospital until all hospice arrangements are in place

June 23: Hospice thinks Joes dad Marv will pass within 24 hours. Joe just got home and zonked out. Our hot water heater just pooped out so yeah... more fun. Horrible timing. I’ll call the plumber in the morning. No girls camp for little miss kris tomorrow. The antibiotic is starting to work on her staph infection but she can’t sit down still so I doubt she can do a seven mile hike tomorrow and swim in a waterfall. But you know what. All is well. This too shall pass. I’m trying to keep everything in perspective. Carlie and Sadie got here safe and sound from Utah. Carlie took a quick power nap and then they’re headed to Spokane tonight for NBC basketball Camp. And the best news of all..  I actually didn’t burn the shredded BBQ beef this time. Dinner was amazing!

The majority of the family gathered after church in hospice and sang hymns around Marvs bed. I had to stay home with Kris because technically she hadn’t been on her antibiotics 24 hours yet and there were babies as well as pregnant women there. I taught the song Faith in singing time today. I think the Lord knew I needed to hear that message today šŸ˜‰We can shower at the Canyons if needed and I can just boil water to do dishes tonight. I’m strangely calm. I guess that’s what having faith can do.

—-So as you can see, life in the casa de Jessop has been a bit on the crazy side. The parts not included above are how Joes dad appointed joe the new leader of the group šŸ˜‰ (don’t worry...it was the dementia talking), how the family has been fighting over everything in their grieving irrational states of being, how nobody is getting any rest, or how Joes basically been ousted from speaking at his dads funeral. Yep, it’s been a flat out ugly week yet somehow we are still putting one foot in front of the other as we walk by faith!

Whew!  I hope next weeks email will be much happier and full of hope. I debated wether or not to send this but guess what... this is life. How thankful I am for an eternal perspective!!

Love you and miss you!

Love, Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment