Friday, May 24, 2019

Love God! Love People!

Last night my friend Tracey's husband Jim passed away 😔 When I woke up to the text that somehow I knew would be there, I wondered what I could possibly do to help my grieving friend. I felt inadequate and had no idea what I could say to comfort her. So I prayed... The answer came, "Just Love"! So I bought flowers and dropped them off before work. Nobody was home. I didn't even have a card to offer. So I texted her to let her know and said, "No card...just love:)" Later tonight I was able to make her and her family members a delicious dinner. I am not a domestic goddess and hesitate to ever volunteer my cooking. As I stirred the pasta wishing for it to cook faster, I hoped my offering would be enough. Again, I heard a whisper quiet my soul, "Just Love!" And so I did. I had a lovely visit with my sweet friend tonight and I am amazed by how strong she is even as her whole world has just turned upside down. She was so appreciative of the flowers and the meal. She hugged and loved back on me. This week in my scripture study I have been focusing on the two greatest commandments the Lord gave. Paraphrased: Love God! Love People! I am thankful I was able to give and receive love today:)


No comments:

Post a Comment