Friday, January 1, 2016

Word for 2016: COMPLEMENT!

My New Year’s Resolution word for 2016 is COMPLEMENT!  In studying which word to choose, I found that compliment and complement are actually two different words with two different meanings. 

This past month I received three COMPLIMENTS, which are kind and flattering remarks:  “Allie, you brighten up the room when you walk in!” “Hey, aren’t you the girl from the club?” and finally, “Wow, mommy take a look in the mirror and I think you’ll be surprised at what you see!”  Doesn’t it feel great to receive a compliment?  This next year of 2016 I plan on filling people’s lives with complimentsJ 

But COMPLEMENT means something that completes something else or makes it better.  So I got to thinking what can I do this year to feel complete or better?  Here are the top five I came up with whilst using a play on words of the two homophones.

1.     I will complement my marriage by taking the time to compliment my husband on at least one thing every day, thus strengthening my relationship with him.
2.     I will complement my spiritual journey with daily reading the Book of Mormon (a complement to the Bible)
3.     I will complement my homemaking skills by learning one new recipe per month (baby-steps people!)
4.     I will complement my fitness regimen with more sleep, thus ensuring I get enough beauty rest at night to complement staying healthy and productive during the day.
5.     I will complement my life by replacing social media with creating music so hopefully by the end of the year you will be able to compliment me on my singing and beginner piano playing abilities. 


The more I think about the two words, the longer my list becomes, but these will be the five I will focus on.  Have you chosen a word for the year?  I would love to hear which word you chose and why!  Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment