Toby Mac Hits Deep Tour
I can't even begin to explain how amazing this concert was. I haven't been to a concert since Boyz2Men and MC Hammer's 2Legit Tour! (Wow, that really ages me doesn't it?) So I was listening to KLOVE one day and they announced the Hits Deep Tour starring Toby Mac and Mandisa and I almost had to pull the car over because I was hyperventilating! I promised myself I would get there. Then they started listing all the other Christian superstars and I thought it was too good to be true! Unfortunately, when I was freaking out trying to ask Joe to go with me he was like Toby who? Mandy-what? Seriously? Does he not know me at all? I got the same reactions from many of my friends who have missed out on the Christian music movement...so this post is for you! However, I knew there was one person in my life that would totally get excited with me and I was right. My sister in law Erica got to share this experience with me! What a night! We danced, we laughed, we cried! Am I what you call a Jesus Freak now? Haha!
As we looked around at everyone who had ventured out on a rainy Tuesday night to be part of the fun, I commented on how surprised I was to see old people, young people (we were surrounded by teenagers), all ethnic backgrounds, people with spiky hair, minivan soccer moms, etc. Erica just smiled and said, "Allie, this is what the Kingdom of God looks like!" Amen!
Many of you will recall that I found Christian radio while living in St. Anthony. The lyrics of the songs sung at this concert helped me through a very dark, snowy winter while recovering from a smashed tailbone. To hear these artists singing the songs that impacted my life so personally and profoundly was a surreal experience! I could hardly contain my joy and enthusiasm as evidenced from this photo at the Adams Center in Missoula, MT.
So let me introduce you to my musical life! I have listed the artists in pretty much the order they performed. I was worried I may be disappointed by the quality of their live voices but I am pleased to say that they all were as good if not better than the radio recordings! Seriously...I was freaking out the whole night! Did I mention the dancing? So here was the lineup and I have included links so you can experience vicariously through this post what that night was like. When I got home, I created a playlist on my iPhone of all my favorite songs performed. I feel blessed to have been part of the worship and praise that occurred that night with about 20, 000 other people wishing to express to love and thankfulness to their Lord and Redeemer! So one night if you are looking for something to do, click on the links below and hear the music of the Hits Deep Tour! I ended up buying a Toby Mac t-shirt that says "Speak Life"! That pretty much sums it up....Enjoy!
Capital Kings:
This young duo just got signed by Toby Mac. They are up and coming artists featuring a young, dance, music style. They got the crowd so pumped!
http://youtu.be/LGzfjg5VRSw I Feel So
Alive
http://youtu.be/klf_k_pxWoE You’ll Never
Be Alone
Matt Maher: I was very impressed with this artist. I didn't think I knew who he was but as soon as he started singing, I was singing along with every word of every song! The opening guitar line is so recognizable and I was rocking out! Indeed, your grace is enough!
http://youtu.be/8wN-fspKg1Q Your Grace Is Enough
http://youtu.be/LuvfMDhTyMA Lord I Need You
Ryan Stevenson:
Toby Mac just signed this guy so I didn't know any of his set. However, he broke down his songs acoustically on the guitar and I did run home and buy one of his songs:
http://youtu.be/7vzMyIzkyD4 Holding
Nothing Back
http://youtu.be/P5AkNqLuVgY
Give Me Your Eyes
As we sang along with I’m Not Who I Was, I was struck at how God has cradled me in His arms through all the trials in my life. After every obstacle I emerge better and stronger and more refined. Wow! He also sang Your Love and I cried. I found new respect for the song Jesus in Disguise as I sang along to the words posted on the jumbo screen with 20, 000 other people!
http://youtu.be/b8VoUYtx0kw Overcomer
I cried my eyes out singing along with her to Stronger and it was all I could do to not do the Zumba choreography to her song Good Morning, also featured in my novel Dancing Out Loud!
http://youtu.be/ZuJWQzjfU3o
Hello My Name Is
I am always moved by the lyrics in Matthew West songs. Erica was especially moved by the performance of Forgiveness. As we listened to him sing, we were both struck with the fact that when you forgive someone the person you really free is yourself! I also loved Strong Enough, Do Something, and The Motions. You will have to google those on your own someday...I promise you will not be disappointed by Matthew West!
I would have been happy if we had gone home right then...it was that awesome! But after a short intermission...it was t-Mac himself with the Diverse City Band. To say they ROCKED would be an understatement. Again, through the entire set, positive, motivating, encouraging, and uplifting words were shared. It was like nothing I have ever experienced at a concert!
http://youtu.be/ZeBv9r92VQ0#aid=P-YcR7ApZ1I
Speak Life
This man can sing, dance, and has the gift to inspire! He ended the show with Me Without You reminding us to always put God first and bring praise to him! I am pretty sure this will be the highlight of my 2014! Thank you Erica for being a Jesus Freak with me. We enjoyed three non-stop hours of ear blasting, soul soothing, body moving, uplifting music of praise and worship!
And thank you for letting me introduce you to the music that moves me closer to my Savior! I wish everyone could feel the Spirit in that concert venue as we all did that night. Music is so powerful so be careful what music you choose. "As for me and my house...", well you know the rest!





No comments:
Post a Comment