Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dizzying Insight

I suspect I have had this ear infection for a couple of weeks.  Afterall, my ears never popped from going over the pass to Rexburg for Ed and Brits's wedding.  I have learned a few things now that I am flat in bed...dizzier than I have ever been...awaiting my prescription to be picked up from Walgreens.

I only have two hands but with the whole family I have twelve able hands-

The only thing my hands have done this week are text people cancellations of teaching Zumba, explaining why I left so suddenly from Zumba (got dizzy and almost passed out), cancelling our RS Presidency meeting with visiting teaching supervisors to redo our visiting teaching routes since five women have or are moving out, and getting online to request a sub for my job at the highschool and then checking to see if it got filled.  Oh sure I am on my ipad checking facebook, I finally got to watch all of the Worldwide Leadership Training videos on lds.org (amazing by the way) and I have tried to keep up on the Boston Marathon bombing news as well as the fertilizer plant explosion today.  Other than that, I feel like I have hit a wall and my hands are pretty useless right now.  But here is how the rest of my hands are working:

Joe's hands are used to bless me with the healing power of the priesthood so I don't completely lose it.

Jansen's hands help bring me my necessities:  water, phone, ipad, and a fun laugh or two.

Carlie's hands grip the steering wheel and drive the kids everywhere they need to go.

Will's hands help with the cooking and cleaning.

Combine Carlie and Will's hands and now I have a full pantry of groceries they shopped for!  They shopped the sales, used coupons, stuck to the list, and only went $30 over budget landing at a shopping trip at Safeway of $146!  So proud of them!

Kristen's hands help turn the pages of the books she reads me right after she uses her hands to rub pepperpint oil on my head and then gives me a peppermint footrub.

I am also thankful for my mom's hands.  She used her hands to pick up her phone and call me right when I was hitting my breaking point.

And lest I forget the most important hands:  The Lord's hands are there outstretched and giving me comfort and strength that I cannot have on my own.  When I cry to him in prayer on my knees, answers come miraculously and almost instantly!

So as I lay here in bed,  I realize it takes many hands to make our home a heaven on earth.  My hands may be small and trembling but I can't wait for my hands to get back to work when I recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment