Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Moxie Mobile

After two months of never knowing which vehicle I was driving....I introduce the Moxie Mobile!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Our 99 Ford Expedition has been a welcomed addition to the crazy business of life around here. We found it on Craigslist and it was a wee bit out our price range. However, after Joe test drove it, he asked the lady how low she would go. When she said $4500 we said, "Sold!" He bought it the day before we got to move back home to our Hamilton house and right before Ed came back from North Dakota and needed his truck back. In the two months we lived in Pinesdale I drove a rental truck, the 79 Ford Pickup, Jansen's Lexus, and Ed's truck. Joe drove all of the above plus his mom's car and then finally the Marco truck. Jansen switched cars periodically depending on what we were driving and Carlie got a taste behind the wheel of all vehicles except the Marco truck which is a stick shift.

I get pretty attached to vehicles so I have never allowed myself to name my cars. I cried and cried after cleaning out the 98 Toyota Sienna, realizing that this vital part of our family would never return. It was probably a good thing I had never named our car of 6-1/2 years. However, when I looked out Sharon's kitchen window and saw this vehicle, the word Moxie popped in my head for 3 reasons:
1. I have a lot of Moxie (spirit and courage) when I drive this beast!
2. We have been playing an ap on my ipad called Moxie. (It kind of consumed our life)
3. It reminded me of the Moxie Girl SUV I almost bought Kristen but then remembered the "no battery and no electronic rule" this past Christmas. Not to mention, I kind of feel like a Moxie Girl doll behind the wheel of my Moxie Mobile:) Should I use this as my next FB profile pic?

2 comments:

  1. You are sooooo funny. My girls name everything and have since they were little. Christa even named my car for me. LOL Have fun with Moxi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awesome new ride!!

    I pray that "Moxie" runs strong and true for many, many years to come!!

    ReplyDelete